Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

seat in truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by marcus, Jan 17, 2003.

1. marcus

marcus Registered Member

I would like to fit an extra seat in the trunk (in the UK we'd call it a boot) of my K5. Has anybody done this before? Basically I want a fold down seat to be able to carry two extra people as with three kids and the g/friend, I don't really have the space to carry anyone else.

Can I just bolt it to the floor pan...are there any pipes under that I should look out for? Any input gratefully received!

Mark

2. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

are you talking about in the way back behind the back seat? If so I think the gas tank could get in the way.

3. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Range Rover offers this as an option for the rear. Also, I have seen them for SUV's over here in a magazine called Performance Products (I think). You should be able to find an old Range Rover over there and retrofit it into your Blazer. There's not much room for adults, but they are great for kids.

Another option would be to get another blazer seat and turn it around backwards. Also, we see a lot of mini-van seats for sale in the States that make good third seats.

Good luck.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Besides, it would be a pain in the butt to get in and out of, you'd HAVE to go in/out through the tailgate.