Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seat Question????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by larryboz, Apr 23, 2004.

1. larryboz

larryboz Registered Member

Will Seats from an 1986 Blazer fit in a 1979 Blazer? Mostly concerned with the back seat for folding up. The Reason I ask is that I have Brand new seats out of an 86 K5 Blazer and might be buying a 79 K5 Blazer but the seats are junk.

Larry

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I *think* you're OK. At the least, you can prolly keep the brackets & stuff from the '79 and put the '86 seats on top of them. The '79 might have the high-back seats, or might have the low-backs more common in earlier years (anybody know when the change was)?

I'm pretty sure the floor pattern is the same from '78 on, so I assume (I know, I know) that the seats wouldn't change.

-- A

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Uhmm yes and no. You can keep the stock sliders, but the seats will lean farther back. I put seats from a 91 into my 74 and I had to use 1" spacers in the back of the mounting brackets to even them out some. Also, I had to weld flat plat to my stock brackets and drill holes through them to mount the new seats with. The seats will sit a couple inches higher than stock. I like them sitting a little higher because it gives a better field of view.

You can swap the seats, but you may have to do some bracket modification to make them fit correctly. I'm glad I did mine! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif