Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seat suggestions? What are you using?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5DRAGER, Jan 2, 2004.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I have a 91 Blazer that is a trail rig only with no top. Both my front bucket seat backs are bent. I don't know how these young kids can drive all day with the seat leaned back like that. Anyway, was wondering what others have done to correct this problem? And if there isn't any permanent way of fixing this, what seats are you using? Are you using stock seats from other trucks or cars or aftermarket ones. I really need them to be vinyl since there is no top and it see's weather. Let me know what has worked and what to stay away from. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I have seats from a 90's cavalier, probably the most "luxury" item in my blazer. I like em, I jus thave to get some better brackets going.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

got pics of the seats? and the brackets?? id LOVE to ditch the crappy stock bench one of these days..

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    got pics of the seats? and the brackets?? id LOVE to ditch the crappy stock bench one of these days..

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO!!

5. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

I'm using '72 Volvo seats. Strong. Lumbar support is an adjustable steel band behind the foam. Back angle adjustment is infinite; uses a multidisk clutch to lock at any angle. Cushions are snap-removable and repairable.
    I had these seats in my '85K5 when I rolled it. The seats hit the crumpled roof and bent the headrests at right angle. Seat frames held roof. Made custom brackets to mate to 80s Olds 6-way electric adjuster frame.

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Here are mine, you can get vinyl slip over covers for storage and there are a lot of places that sell different materials for the seats (including beard).
    [​IMG]
    Yes they are beards.

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I ran Flofits in my K5, loved them. www.seatsource.com has all the good aftermarket ones if you want Corbeau or Flofit or Recaro, etc.

8. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I have some rather high bolstered Honda Prelude seats with custom brackets that I made. I am still using the stock lap belts though. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

ya ditto on the prelude seats.....mine r from an 88 lude black cloth with lumber and side supports....i attached them to my stock seat tracks so they still flip up and are movable...ver comfortable....i dont ever get tired of sitting in them...

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I went to a Van conversion shop and had them order the basic high back reclineable seats. I even got to pick the color. They came with arm rest too but I did not use them as they would get in the way of my center console. I think I paid like 119.00 each. They have been good so far. I have heard really good things about the Beard brand seat. I like the reclineable type over the fixed type. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

went to pick-n-pull on the south side and sat in cars till i found a set I liked. Pulled them out and made dan carry them to the counter. This was half price day, so I got them for $30. I fawked up the brackets though, but I like the seats. For the price, after looking at those floffits....I can't complain!

12. ford_assassin

ford_assassin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I went to a Van conversion shop and had them order the basic high back reclineable seats. I think I paid like 119.00 each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that new or used seats? Thanks.

13. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I bought some racing seats from summit with the pull over padding. I havent used them yet but I have heard good things about them and they are pretty light.

14. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    went to pick-n-pull on the south side and sat in cars till i found a set I liked. Pulled them out and made dan carry them to the counter. This was half price day, so I got them for $30. I fawked up the brackets though, but I like the seats. For the price, after looking at those floffits....I can't complain!

[/ QUOTE ]

are you talking about the place thats at Harlem and Archer?
    they had a 1/2 price day New Years Day.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There's a junkyard at Harlem and Archer? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I found these seats in a C30 with a dump bed at a local yard. $30. They were pretty dirty when I got em but they cleaned up good enough for me to use em in my truck. They need to be recovered but thats pretty low on the list right now.
    I'm pretty sure they are aftermarket cause my tracks bolted right to em but there are several sets of holes, presumeably for other makes/models. They are in pretty close to the stock location. The center console folds up so a girly can sit close.
    [​IMG]

17. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

corbeau baja SS.

best. seat. ever.

j

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Whatever I go with, I need something that the seat goes forward more in. I don't know how I ever DD'd that thing so long, I can't even reach the pedals. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The price on those seats you mentioned seems too good to be true, jek. How nice are they?

Further research on truck seats looks like I'll be spending $500-700. Boy will I be thankful when I finally get them!

Mmmmmmmmmmm seat warmers would rock!

20. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

That is a suspension style, right? Give us some details, how long have you used it, what conditions, price, does it come w/ brackets or is it a fab in, ect? Don't just say best ever and not give us the full poop!