Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seat supports

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CR, Sep 27, 2004.

1. CR

CR Registered Member

I spent a while reading the posts on cages /seats and found some good ideas. However, for a rig seeing medium duty off roading and not wanting to full cage the K5 what is a "daily driver" truck repair / reinforcement option for new seats. My floor area is not rusted out but the seat attachment points are very weak. I am also interested in getting rid of some body flex. Any pictures would be appreciated.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

is any kind of rollbar or cage planned? If not, reinforcing the existing mounting points would prolly be the easiest/cheapest thing to do. What exactly is wrong with the stock setup?

j

3. CR

CR Registered Member

The stock seat setup gives alot of floor flex. The prior owner apparently already broke the floor once and it has been welded. Since this is a daily driver I didnt want to have to do an interior cage setup (although I am not totally opposed to a low profile style ). I will be replacing the seats and want to do a long term fix. I was also wanting to know if there is anything I can do about the body flex issue as I am running a soft top year round and now get alot of body flex offroad (This rig sees no rock crawling). I have new body mounts in place as one of the solutions to that issue.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my rig goes topless and doorless, and body flex isn't to bad. I'm not sure there is a cheap fix for your problem... if it was me I'd add a Smittybuilt rollbar / cage kit to your rig and tie the seats into that via some tube steel crossmembers... but you don't sound like you really need/want a full cage. I dunno, if the floor has already been damaged/rewelded previously, covering said floor up with more sheetmetal might not be a great idea either.

j

5. CR

CR Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I keep working on a solution.