Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seat swap ...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mydnyte, Oct 18, 2004.

1. mydnyte

mydnyte Registered Member

Will the seats and center console from a K5 fit into the cab of a K20 pickup?

C.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

they are not a direct bolt in, the floor is shaped completely different. the blazer floor is flat and the pickup floor is raised where the seat goes.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I think the seats are different--unless you get seat brackets from a pickup that had buckets--and I think the passenger seat still wont work,because it tips forward to let passengers in the back,but if you have time,torches,and a welder,you can make them fit--,maybe if you take off the "hinge" and use truck seat brackets it might work(but if you find a truck with buckets you might as well buy and use them!).
    I took the tracks off my old ripped bench seat and bolted them back to the floor of my pickup and bolted angle iron on them to form a rectangle,and put 2 bucket seats and a homemade console on it,this allows you to still move the seat back and forth,but both seats move as one--and its not the most comfy seat I've sat in either,because they have to stand almost straight up,not enough room to lean the back of the seat to a more comfortable angle.Looking back--I think the bench seat was better. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif