Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

??? Seat Swapping ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Justin Fleming, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Justin Fleming

Justin Fleming 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone know if a rear seat from a 1991 GMC Jimmy full size fit in an 86 k5 Blazer. I have found a good deal on the seat. I just didnt want to buy it if the bolt pateren does not line up.

thanks

2. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

if it is the k5 model then it should bolt up i believe...just take a few measurements

3. Dain Fraser

Dain Fraser Registered Member

Sorry to highjack your thread but does anyone know in what years the bucket seats changed styles? I know they were lowback until 76-ish but did it happen again after that?

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

There might be slight differences in the seat belt. Most '91's, I believe, had shoulder belts in the rear, which took away the center retracting bits in the seat itself which non-shoulder belt models have. So if you get a seat from a shoulder belt model, youll have fixed length outer position sections in the center of your seat, and you '86 will have fixed length outer sections attached to the body itself, leaving you with no adjustment and 2 female ends for your outer position belts. Bolt up wise, it's a straight fit.

5. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

can someone post up a pic of the shoulder belts on the rear bench seat? i want to do that to my 87 but i havent seen it.

6. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

You need a top from the said equipped truck, it has a different steel bar in the top back-to-front sections on both sides, to support the top anchor point of the sholder belt. Also those with this setup, are laden with an extra two bolts to remove when you remove the top ,and when the top is removed they have no seat belts in the rear two outboard positions.