Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

seatbelt replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blaize, Mar 12, 2000.

1. Blaize

Blaize Registered Member

I need to replace the driver's side seatbelt for the "Green Meanie" ('85 K5). Local GM Dealer wants $180.00, no way ! Haven't checked junk-yards, I want to go new with this component- safety... JC Whitney lists 3 varietys, and I'm confused ? Any specific part numbers you can recommend, or any other dependable sources ??? And, what's the right price ? thanks...

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I put RCI 5 point harnesses in my rig for about $80 each from Summit. They work great if you don't use the back seat ( I mounted the shoulder harnesses to the front mounting bolts of the rear seat ). For normal driving I just use the lap belt portion of the 5 point system.

Just my $.02

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

3. Blaize

Blaize Registered Member

Thanks, Gold Rush, for the "RCI 5-point" suggestion. I got sidetracked viewing your cool website, hoping to catch a glimpse of your seatbelts. Can you possibly tell me where I can get more information about "RCI" and "Summit" ? I'm not familiar (yet) with either of these names. thanks !!!

4. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

RCI makes lots of safety equipment for drag racing. Summit has a web site ( www.summitracing.com ). I think that's the right address for them. I do have a link in my performance page if that isn't correct for them. Thanks for the compliment on my page. I do try to add new things at least once or twice a week.

Good luck
    David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I think a five point is good for serious 'wheelin' and racing, but they are paint to use for daily driving, in my opinion.
    $180 to keep your face out of the windshield seems reasonable to me. If you go the wrecking yard route make sure the belt hasn't been out in the elements too long. I'm not a huge fan of JC Whitney for things like seatbelts.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

6. snidgen

snidgen Registered Member

jc whitney rules and so do their seatbelts i got a pair of the retractable lap belts and they work great and i feel safe all for 20.00 each belt

7. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status