Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seatbelt roll bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

I'm rebuilding the inside of the rig. Now I need to remove the seatbelts. The roller is held by a big big torx headed bolt. What size torx goes in there?

Thanks,

1988 K5 Blazer Silverado Grand GT in the Netherlands. "No it does not fit everywhere overhere, but after one pass through it will fit the next time"

2. 78Jimmyish

78Jimmyish 1/2 ton status

Re: Seatbelt roll

I'm not sure about what T-size to use, but if you've got a decent set of allen wrenches, a larger size allen wrench fits in there just fine. That's what I used to take mine off. No slip or anything, fits like a glove. Hope that'll help.

3. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Anyone else?

1988 K5 Blazer Silverado Grand GT in the Netherlands. "No it does not fit everywhere overhere, but after one pass through it will fit the next time"

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

What 78Jimmyish said- find the correct fitting allen wrench. It fits perfectly!!! Be advised that those bolts are tightened in really well.........Mine was a son of a gun to get out!!!!!

<font color=blue> MEAN DAD WITH TWO BAD KIDS<font color=blue>

5. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

yeah their tight!!! i tripped one of mine getting em out.
    it sucked, so i had to find a replacement, which was even harder, so finally i just put in a hex that fit that camefrom lows, but i put that one on the passenger side. hehe

<a target="_blank" href=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>confederate9.coloradok5.com/</a>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>

6. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

i think it's a T-50

<font color=red> and everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people</font color=red>

7. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

It is a T-50. Those bolts are often (and should be) tight enough that they cannot be removed with a hex key w/out damaging them.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

8. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

I happen to be doing the exact same thing right now and could get mine out with an allen (broke two allens) mine was a t-50 and dought they ever changed but I did have to put an 18" breaker bar to it to get it loose. Does anybody know what these should be retorqued to? I'm just about ready to put my belts back in.

Thanks,
    Greg Gayman
    Hawglet
    Stovie
    hawglet@excite.com

9. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

I think it was a T-47 or T-50. I ended up just clamping on with a pair of vise grips. Allen will work alright too. Depends on how comfortable it's in there.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

10. 78Jimmyish

78Jimmyish 1/2 ton status

What I used was a big fat allen wrench bit in a drill. Didn't have to worry about it breaking, and the bit fit nice and tight, so I didn't have to worry about strippage.

11. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

These are T-47's. T-50s and T-45's are NOT the correct bits, and will tend to strip them out. Believe me, T-47's are harder to find, why would GM use an easy to remove bolt on seatbelts in the 80's?

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

12. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

ahh i've never seen a T-47 and that would explain why the T-50 dosen't like to come out of the bolt. ever seen a T-6? i hadn't till i pulled the dist. apart on my lt-1 motor. at least they don't use the tamperproof torex.

<font color=red> and everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people</font color=red>

13. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Good Luck!! [​IMG]

Like some of the others said; they're TIGHT!!! Mine took the piece of the sheet metal with them!! [​IMG]!!! Guess the new mounts will have to bolt to the cage!!! [​IMG]

Brian
    89KBlazer

Build it Right or Don't build it at all!!

14. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Bought the T50. Came loose with one hand. Think the previous owner already had them off once.