Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seatbelt troubles.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, May 18, 2001.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Sometime back I made a post about finding replacement seatbelts for my '90 Jimmy. I have done an extensive search for factory replacement belts or good aftermarket belts. To date my problems continue. I found a junk yard with national locate connections. They found the belts from a '91 Blazer which were supposed to match my '90. Not so, they didn't work. After numerous other inquiries for grey seatbelts I opted to purchase a new set from SalesCo. I have heard other positive things about SalesCo seatbelts on this site so I ordered them. Being grey it took an extra week to get them.

The retractor and belts were made in Tiawan, and apparently sized to fit someone of that size. I am a little taller than the average bear, and the upper point of attachment for the belt hit below the point of my shoulder. The retractor would release once in about every 30 pulls, and the worse part was the receiver end of the lap belt, bolted flat to the floor and was to short for the bucket seats.

Based upon the number of posts in the "Parts Wanted," section I think some one could make a fortune if they could find a good replacement for grey seatbelts.

Anyone with any good suggestions?

Derf00
    http://www.derf00.coloradok5.com
    "Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in a more inaccessible place."

2. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I am still looking Derf :-) The guy at the Chevy Dealership I talked to yesterday said that he knew a guy that ordered some from JC Whitney and was happy with them. Did you try those? The 91 Suburban ones are orderable, but i believe the mounting points would be different on a suburban because of the back door etc.

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I haven't tried JC Whitney because of all the bad things I have heard about them on this site. I think if the truth were know, JC Whitney and SalesCo get their belts from the same place, they look very similar.

Derf00
    http://www.derf00.coloradok5.com
    "Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in a more inaccessible place."

4. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

You know, I was thinking about it, and if there was a "true" good solution as far as aftermarket seatbelts went. I think LMC would have them. Or when a real good solution does come out they probably will, if they aren't in the process already. LMC is really good about waiting for the perfect solution. They have come out with a lot of stuff just in the last couple of months of really primo stuff. I wish they had some sort of email inquiry.