Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seats/4wheel drive nob

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by silver, Jun 8, 2002.

1. silver

silver Registered Member

I bought my 70 blazer a couple months ago and have been at work on it but i can't seem to find any place for a back seat. no one offers aftermarket rear seats to my knowledge and i can't find any salvage yards that have one any help would be appreciated. also, my four wheel drive nob is popping out of place when i put it in 4 wheel drive and i was wondering if this was a common problem or not and if there is any way to fix it.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Try looking in the for sale section...rear seats show up in there every once and a while. You can also look into a custom seat like a Beard racing seat. They make a bench to match the buckets they sell.

As for the shifter slipping out of gear...you might want to see if the body is hitting the shifter.

3. silver

silver Registered Member

hey thanks a bunch for your reply, i looked into the beard seats and i posted a want message in the wanted forums, but do you know of any other companies besides beard that make back seat applications for blazers?

4. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I don't know of anyone that makes back seats specifically for Blazers, but you may want to hit the junkyards. I've seen some minivans that have a 3/4 length middle bench seat that look to be about the same width as our blazer back seats. Just an idea.

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Silver put a location in your bio. Don't think you'd want to pay shipping very far for a seat. Might get more responses.

6. silver

silver Registered Member

i've been trying to find a seat everywhere and it's looking like i might now have much say in where it comes from if i'de like to get one in the near future... but i put my location in there just for you /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Measure the front bench seat from a 80's S10 pickup. It doesn't have the side arms a stock seat does but the width is about right.

8. Racefreak

Racefreak Registered Member

Will buckets from an S-10 Blazer fit in a 1st Gen? Mine has factory buckets now, THRASHED! I have a line on dual buckets, drivers is power.

9. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

You can make anything fit with enough money or a big enough hammer. But I was talking about the back seat on a Blazer and the size of a S10 bech seat to replace it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. silver

silver Registered Member

thanks, i'll do that sometime... i've measured about how big my back seat needs to be and i got about 45" i could prob. squeeze in a little bigger but 45 looks right

11. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

You should have at least 48"s tween the fender wells as a sheet of plywood fits between them. I think the S10 bench is 46 or 47"s wide and it folds forward. If you adapt the stock S10 mounts the whole seat will slide forward and back like a front seat does that might give a little extra room behind it too.

12. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status