Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seats and Kids don't mix

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Laurie, Mar 4, 2001.

1. Laurie

Laurie Registered Member

Seats and Kids don\'t mix

After letting my daughter "help" me, now I need a new driver's seat for my 87 blazer. She bent the heck out of the back. It was reclined and when she was going to help set it back upright she sat on the dang back instead of pushing it up (go figure) and bent it. Now it won't sit all the way up and tilts. Not cool. Is there a way to fix this or a place to get new one? In the meantime I'm jamming a pillow behind me to keep propped up.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Re: Seats and Kids don\'t mix

Check the parts for sale section you might find one.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

If you remove the seat and lay the back flat. You can see how much its bent. Take a 2.5" -3" thick book or piece of wood and sit on it again. Should bend it back. The integrity of the frame is probably gone though. This is a temporary fix till you can get another. The other method is to remove the seat and strip it down. Then have it re-bent and have stiffeners welded to that area of the frame.

[​IMG]

4. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

You might be able to do what I did on my '82. The previous owner was rather large and the drivers seat is bent back and to the right, so I just unbolted the seats from the frams and swapped sides. Now my wife complains anytime we go somewhere in it, so I will be upgrading seats this spring.

[​IMG]

5. Laurie

Laurie Registered Member

I've been thinking about that. Haven't looked very hard at them but thought maybe could be done. Scared to try it without lots of time to rebuild what I tear apart. Looks time consuming but maybe worth it. Thanks.