Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seats and seatbelts

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChrisM72beast, May 29, 2001.

1. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

My seats are wearing out and I'm wondering if there are any recomendations on more comfortable (non original)
    seats. Two things to take in consideration. I live in So Cal so I have to worry about sun exposure in the summer.
    The other is I have an amplifier under one of the seats. I don't mind if the seats recline. I have no back seat to
    worry about. Also anybody got shoulder seatbelts attached to their roll bar. These lap belts aren't cutting it. Thanks.

PS: I'm just finding this board. This is great especially since Wulf's board is no more.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have aftermarket seats in my truck and hate them. You could go with seats out of a newer chevy p/u or SUV, a car (and make your own brackts), after market split bench, or the racing buckets that Baja guys use. I am looking for a split bench out of a 90's chevy to replace my current seats. Do a search on the 73-91 board and you should find alot more.

Welcome abord. Fill out your profile so that we know more about you and your truck (I live on the border of LA and OC).

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

3. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

I've been keeping an eye on ebay. I'm looking for late model seats with the shoulder belts built in. They are all running about $500. I'm waiting to find the $300 deal and I'll jump on it.

Travis

4. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

I had a late model's 60/40 split bench seat in my blazer when I bought it and I have to tell you the modifications to the frame to make it fit in a first gen blazer aren't worth the hassle. The biggest problem is that the front inside leg of the seat is about 4" higher than all the rest, so you have to put in some kind of a spacer or lengthen the leg by that much. I just found some late model buckets at the junkyard and put them in and they are great. You can probably get them a lot cheaper there too it will just take some looking.

Good luck,

Buddy

72 K-5, 33x12.5's, 350/350/205,12-bR,d44F soon to be 39.5'x15.5s, EFI502/nv4500/doubler205, d60F, d70R. Stay tuned.

5. 72GMCJIMMY

72GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

I think I am going to recover my stock seats. I want to keep the access to the rear seat as easy as possible. Has anyone found a full size high back seat that will allow easy access to the rear?

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard, Chris. Another refugee from Wulf's!

Check out the pix of my hunting partner's Blazer I just posted to my web site:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1963/CarlBlzr.html>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1963/CarlBlzr.html</A>

7. HarryL

HarryL 1/2 ton status

I've got some out of a camaro (red color) that have been spray painted black and covered with sheepskin. They sit a little higher than the stock seats, so now it's kind of like driving a tractor.

I'm going to replace them, as for right now they are mounted on 2x4s.

Harry

8. midnitlove

midnitlove Registered Member

Hey steve where did your buddie get that console?? I'm lookin' for one just like that. Is that from a different year chevy??

[image]http://www.eteamz.com/goodfellas/images/redamigoswcoyote.gif[/image]