Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seats - Any bolt on alternatives?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fausz, Mar 19, 2002.

1. fausz

fausz Registered Member

I've got a 1976 K5 Blazer and I need front buckets seats. I have been told that chevy astro van seats may bolt right in, but don't have confirmation on this. I'm interested to know what seats will bolt right in if anyone knows. I'd prefer to have vinyl seats though. Thanks, phil

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Any 73-91 chevy/gmc truck.

Where are you? (Fill out your profile).

3. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

The bench seat from my '73 3/4 ton truck would not bolt into my K5. The seats that were in it when I bought it were so bad that I tried to fit the bench.

4. fausz

fausz Registered Member

Thanks, I've been told that bench seats will not work.

5. rx7xj

rx7xj Registered Member

I swapped in 98 Jeep Cherokee seats in my 77 K-10, fit very well. Not sure of the K-5 though

6. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

In my 86 Blazer I have bucket seats out of a 94 chevy fulsize truck. They are much more comfortable than the stock K5 ones. They wrap up a bit higher on the sides so you dont slide around and have an arm rest that folds down on the inside of them. If you get them with the slides and mounts they will bolt right in. Plus your passenger will not be a flip up design like now, it will fold forward and then slide towards the dash. (the fact that mine does this leads me to believe it's out of a ex cab truck or new design blazer/tahoe)

7. BADASSBLAZE

BADASSBLAZE Registered Member

A set of Captain's Chairs from a 1988-1994 Chevy fullsize pickup or the Captain's Chairs from any 1992-1994 Blazer or Suburban will work with NO modifications. Hope this helps!

8. BABLAZE- Would the seats you mentioned bolt on a Suburban with a bench seat? I want to dump the bench and get some captain chairs.

9. BADASSBLAZE

It depends on what year Suburban you're talking about. What year is your Suburban?

10. Its a 1990.

11. BADASSBLAZE

Fireinthehole,

Those seats won't fit because of the fact that your Suburban doesn't have a flat floor in the front seat area. What you could do is go to a junkyard and get some Captain's Chairs from a 1989-1991 Suburban and bolt them in. Those seats have the right brackets to bolt them to the floor. One thing that I don't understand is why GM put a flat floor on the 1973-1991 K5s and not on the 1973-1991 Suburbans. It doesn't make sense to me. Hope this helps!

12. That figures. I think GM just does that to piss you off sometimes.
    Thanks for the info.