Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seats for the K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bcrewcaptain, May 17, 2004.

1. bcrewcaptain

bcrewcaptain Registered Member

hey all, just found this board and LOVE it, I'm learning a lot about these old things..I have an 80 with the usual floor rot and while I'm fixing that I really want to get some seats in that...hmm..slide...recline, etc, I've seen a few of the threads on this but I'm looking for the easiest fix. This isn't going to be a rockclimber, more of a weekend toy and for taking out on the beach. I have your basic tools, no welder ETC so I need a simple fix if anything is simple in this case, I've had my beast a week and have made some progress at least, thanks again all

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well, if you have some skills, any seat will fit. I have some seats that are tall and recline with manual lumbar support. Blazekraze looked at them and swear they are from an Astro van. Previous owner just drilled new holes in floor and mounted them. I like sitting up a hair higher than stock seats /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm putting Explorer seats in my Sub. I made three simple brackets, and the fourth bolt lined up, so it's pretty much an easy bolt in. I got the leather with 8 way power. The pass just gets power and ground, I'm still figuring the wiring for the driver cause it has memory, but I think i found a way to bypass it.

4. bcrewcaptain

bcrewcaptain Registered Member

out of risk of sounding like a bonehead...when we say brackets...something easily fabbed with sawzall, vice and some determination? or I need to find a buddy with a welder?

5. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

ebaymotors.com I got seats from 2000 silverado front and back. leather/power buckets for front, vinyl bench for third seat and having factory back seat covered to match. Paid $500

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

6. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Astro Van and GMC Sahara seats bolt right up. YOu'll be able to use the same brackets that are in the blazer now. I found some in great condition with arm rests and all. The only thing I don't like is that they recline with the dial instead of lever so getting back seat passengers in there is a PITA.

7. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Easy, like a piece of 2" by 3" flat piece of 3/16" thick metal strapping to make a straight bracket for the front bolt, and one 8" by 2" by 3/16"thick piece for each rear bolt. I drilled the hole into the back bracket and bolted it down, then bent with my hammer and 2x4 piece of wood till it conformed to the angle of the floor and drilled the hole so the seat would bolt to the bracket. Only tools needed were a 7/16" drill bit and drill, hacksaw, and a hammer and 2x4 block of wood.
    I thought the 3/16" metal would be too thin, but it is more sturdy then the factory seats were.
    I hope this wasn't confusing.
    You can PM me if you need more info.