Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

seats for the K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dodgedude99, Oct 19, 2003.

1. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

does anyone know if the seats out of an older S10 will swap in to the K5 sliders? or what other seats at the junkyard i could look for that would work?

2. dodgedude99

come on someone has to know or make a suggestion?
    does anyone know where to get reupholstory kits from?

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

yup, lmc. and there r several others. me, id get it done localy. its harder than u think. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

btw, i work with an upholsterer at my job, occasionaly. we do house furniture and auto stuff. im not sure, but id think the s10 would be to small or short. but maybe using yur seat bases modified might work.

5. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

I'd be interested to know this as well. My seats are RAGGED and the wife wont ride till the interior is at least decent. I bought the carpet on ebay. Saved about $50 this way. However I have yet to see factory seat replacement material. LMC truck sells highback bucket covers for $225 each. Very expensive when my local junkyard will sell any seat they have for $50 for the set. The blazers in the yard have already been stripped clean. So I'd be interested to see what will fit on the existing rails. I looked into swaping out the entire buckets but you loose the ability for anyone that is not a gymnast to get into the back seat!

6. dodgedude99

when i do a search on car-part.com for fullsize blazer seats, the only thing that comes up is s10 seats.
    and you can only use the seats from an extended cab or a 2 door s10 blazer, the 4 doors dont fold forward. but the bottoms look like they might work if you just swapped the sliders.

7. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Any seat will actually fit with a little fabrication of some brackets. A person just wants to be sure that they flip forward to give a guy access to the back. This is experience of working for a custom upolsrty shop about 3 days a week for several years. I have metro seats in mine.

8. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

if you can bling bling it then corbeau makes really nice seats that will fit with their adapter brackets

9. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

I look for Suburban seats. They are pretty much the same. Yes, there is a lot of confusion with parts suppliers and S10 vs K5 Blazers.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

11. dodgedude99

are those seats comfy? they sure dont look like it.
    my seats dont flip forward like that, they are fixed to a pedestel.

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    are those seats comfy? they sure dont look like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually those corbeaus are the most comfortable seat i have EVER sat in... that includes normal chairs... pimp leather executive office chairs.. my dads layzee boy... you name it. I am constantly amazed at how good it feels to sit in them. I have road tripped with em too.. no problems at all. Every persons back n backside is different, but for me these things are a god-send.

one thing to note... i have a relatively narrow butt... and my seats are just right. If you're a bigger guy, but you want a similar seat, corbeau makes the Baja SS "ultra" which is the exact same seat, just wider for those sportin the ghetto booty. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

13. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

This is not what you asked but I found at 1aauto.com you can get factory seat covers for both front seats and the back seat for $250. You cant beat that in my opinion. Thats what Im going to do. This is assuming you have the seats already and they are just torn up.

14. dodgedude99

i bought my replacement carpet from them. i have the seats. the back and passenger is in like mint condition (the previous owners must never had passengers).
    the drivers has alot of wear and a tear in the seat.
    ive been looking for either 1 good matching seat(does anyone know if i can swap the bottoms if i only find another passenger seat?) or if not a pair of seats and i will have to live with it not matching the rear seat.
    but i will check out 1aauto.com
    thanks
    shawn

15. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Pick up a good pair of seats out of anything in the junkyard and fab up brackets. I used the seats out of my 91 Mitsu Pajero I had in Japan on my K5. Their pretty comfy, and the driver seat has a suspension system almost like a Kenworth driver seat. I almost used some Black Leather seats from an Expedition. Until I thought about how all the power options/heat would'nt like getting muddy and wet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Z /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

16. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

If you want to look at a variety of aftermarket ones, try www.seatsource.com - I bought my Flofit's from them a few years ago...........great seats but to be honest the most comfortable I've ever sat in and road tripped in are the factory ones in my 91 Burb - try to find a set of them at a boneyard - have padded armrests on both sides. Pic below.......

[​IMG]

17. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

Hey ,check out PEP Boys .....I think that they are are in E-Bay
    ....Cool bockest for 150.00 or so .... You would have to adapt your seat kick backs though.. Glyn

In Wales U.K....They built a church first, then a Pub ....Now thats thinking !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Where did you get your seats from? And if you don't mind how much where they?

19. dodgedude99

well i finally had gotten a seat, i searched all the Pick-N-Pulls, but none of them had my year or similar K5, so i started eyeing the new cavalier seats, but anything i found was either 4 door or 2 door seats that were broke.
    i went to a place thats a "Recycling Center" called A-Reliable in Blue Island, Illinois. originally didnt go there thinking they would be astronomical, but they wanter $75 for it(which i figured wasnt bad, i would have matching seats, and if i were to buy a pair it would be about the same anyway).
    any tips or suggestions on how to dye them black?