Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SEATS!!! where to find the best replacement seats...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by joeshmo473, Dec 27, 2004.

1. joeshmo473

joeshmo473 Registered Member

i have an 80 K5 and i'm getting rid of the stock seats. so far my best option is to get summit racing bucket seats and build a lift cage and get a 4point harness, if anyone knows of something that can save me all the effort post some info. thanks

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I don't think you'll like the Summit Racing seats. gjk5 has some, and I know that he doesn't. Quite uncomfortable for a vehicle that sees more use than 8-12 seconds down the 1/4mile.

I would either go with buckets out of another vehicle. That's what I did, 99 Cavalier seats.

Or get suspension seats from some place like PRP. Which is what I plan to do eventually. There's a link off the Home page for an install of those. They have the cuts for the harness. But, they are going to be more expensive than the seats from Summit.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got mine used off of e bay. Made a mount for them. Cheap and really comfy! Pics in my profile....if Steve hasn't done his thang yet!

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

5. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

as said before check ebay. do a search on seats bucket seats etc. i bought a pair of nissan maxima black leather 6-way power buckets for $150 plus the ride. also got a set of 98 maxima grey cloth buckets $50 plus ride. some bracket fab needed but easy enough! worth a shot.