Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seattle area- Dana 60 front and 14-bolt rear for sale

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 29, 2007.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Here's what's for sale:

One Dana 60 Chevy front axle out of a single wheel Crew Cab, complete hub to hub, 3.73 gears, with matching 14-bolt full-floater rear axle with the "ribbed" or finned housing, also 3.73 gears. Both matching front and rear end complete for $1500 Or Best Reasonable cash offer

Here's the long story...

A friend and I are getting 3 matched pairs from his brother in Alaska who parted out 3 Crew Cabs and kept the running gear. My friend bought all of them from his brother, and I am buying one pair from him, so he has one matched pair left to sell to help pay for the shipping costs. We have to drive from Spokane where we live to Seattle to pick them up from where they are being shipped to...

so if anyone is interested, we can meet up with any interested people to take a look and inspect the 60 front and 14 rear in the Seattle are when we are there within the next 2 weeks (waiting to hear when the shipping date will be). Obviousely we're not going to ask for any one person to commit to buying until after you've seen them in person.

So thats the long story of it... so feel free to e-mail/message with any questions, or call me (509)953-8391 or Joe (509)209-4750

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Dammit! This has to show up right after I dumped mega-moola into my D44 because I couldn't find a 60 that was worth a crap to rebuild for less than $1200.:( Find someone to buy my 44 built to the b@lls 44 and we'll definitely talk :) lol...

3. mountainexplorer

That stinks, you couldn't find one at all? Seems like I've been seeing them out there more often recently. Or maybe I look TOO hard.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No chance he's got a 32 spline '85+ 205 up there that he could throw in for a reasonable price is there? :)

Yeah, got mine all together, output started wobbling again. Going to drive it as-is for now, but would like to get another that I can rebuild with my kit and just swap.

5. mountainexplorer

What could keep throwing yours off? Something else internal?

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, although I'm thinking maybe even the output of the trans, which looked like a fine runner when I took it.

Could be the input bearing of the 205 though, I really didn't want to shell out the $$ for one while I had it apart (cheapo that I am) so I reused it. Seemed fine, but how do I *really* know? Anyways, just keeping my eye open for another round pattern 205 that I can rebuild with the kit I just picked up.

7. mountainexplorer

We'll be picking it all up today... so the 60 is for sale today for $1100 cash, or $1300 for the pair or best reasonable cash offer.

Call the numbers listed above. (Today Wednesday Feb 7th)