Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seattle Washington Area??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shorts, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

just wondering which of yall are out in the whidbey island/seattle washington area?? what kind of wheeling is there?

if things go as planned, i'll be moving up there sometime next year.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Check out Pacific Northwest Forum located towards the bottom of the Main Menu.......

3. noJeepshere

noJeepshere I Drive Trains! Premium Member

I used to live in the bremerton area and i used to go to tahuya nat. forest and do some muddy, rooty, rocky trails. there is some in the mountains but alot is getting closed due to hoity toity liberals. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif good luck and swap that freaking ifs outta there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. wfo163

wfo163 1/2 ton status

Im glad to hear there is at least one other full size wheeler in the northwest! I moved up here from colorado back in november and I have met a lot of posers but no real four-wheelers. Also when you do get up here be ready for almost everybody to tell you that your rig is to large for the trails. Its not as long as you dont mind bushes scratching at the paint. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. DaneW

DaneW Registered Member

I live on Whidbey and there is Walker Valley ORD park about 40 miles away. There is is a couple of other places that are pirvate land but the owners don't mind as long as your not to loud and don't to it at night, and there are the areas that you can use as long as you don't mind runnin from the blue and red.
    I have to agree with wfo there is a lot of posers around here. If I ever get this crack in my frame fixed I'll be hitting the trails hard this winter.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm up near Vancouver B.C. and have wheeled Walker Valley in the snow. I agree that size is an issue but only if pinstriping bothers you. For the most part you can fit anywhere a Jeep goes up here. I took some damage at Walker, but it was 99% due to the welded rear and the snowy trails (12" to 18")

Rene

7. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

paint, for the most part, is not one of the A+s on my truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif neither is that IFS, but we'll see how that goes /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

down here, i don't get to go out much - i can't afford to break parts just yet(school, daily driver, yadda yadda blah). the main offroading i do here is out at the beaches and down some muddy backroads or vacant fields. when i get up there, i'll have more time, money, and driveable land to be more committed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

The terrain is mostly mud, rocks, trees, oh and there are trees, did I menchen the trees. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I like the wheeling for the most part, I am starting to loose difficult spots to go, however when it gets wet some trails are a totaly diffrent animal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Where abouts are you looking at living?

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Don't forget to mention the trees.../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I think thats why I like the desert so much...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Silver84k5

has anyone told you about the Trees up here?...

12. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I live in Ellensburg WA (on the other side of the mts. about 125 miles away from Seattle). Over here we have rock climbing, mud, the Shoestring trail, etc... on the West side there is Reiter Pit area, and some others too. There is a club up here called 2bigbroncos that kind of caters to fullsize rigs and does alot of wheelin' on the west side. Lots of people there run Fords, but they have an open membership for any type of vehicle and know alot of good wheelin areas.

13. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

i'll be either on, or extremely near Whidby island. anacordes was going to be the first area to be steaked out. bf is a navy pilot and that's his first station, so we'll be getting together there(after the other plans get done /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

really nice area but the access is on small windy roads

15. Silver84k5

i see an Explorer down here in portland all the time, with 2big broncos sticker on the windshield, i think i might have seen one of their fullsize Broncs aswell, DO you know you how i can get a hold of them? do they have a website? i need to find new terrain.......

16. DaneW

DaneW Registered Member

I have a confession to make. I also own and wheel a ford. I have a ford bronco. I've wheeled with 3 Big Broncos. Their website is http://www.2bigbroncos.com/