Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Second Job...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm applying for a second job, in another hotel... I will be so burned out of the hotel business... Too bad I'm deathly in love with it :)

Either that or I'll try to get employed at Ruby Juice with the love of my life who likes this other guy but they won't do anything more than date because she's leaving for a mission soon... ahh the joys of Mormon dating :haha:

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

careful, most places will fire you for working for a competitor as well.

3. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

yeah i cant work at any of our competitors either

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm about 200% sure I won't get fired for working at another hotel... Besides, the day a Days Inn competes with Little America is the day pigs fly... Comparing small time chains to full-service hotels is like comparing Hyundais to Caddillacs... It just doesn't work, they're two completely different leagues...

but thanks for the warning :D

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

but if you work at a Hyundai dealership, and get a second job at a Caddy dealership... BOTH WILL FIRE YOU FOR WORKING FOR A COMPETITOR. someone is gonna end up unemployed.

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Alrighty... Well, I guess that's for me to worry about, since it's not your job "on the line" eh? :xmas:

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Greed for lack of a better word is good.

Another few years Capman and you'll be the Gordon Gecko of the Wyoming Hotel Industry. Then she won't be able to refuse your charm.

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I don't get it... Who's this Gordon Gecko character?

BTW if getting a wonderful $700 bill in the mail because of a "mix up" with the insurance company, and wanting to pay it off as quickly as possible, plus wanting to start saving some money once getting out of this $10,000 debt is greedy... Sign me up... Since I'm not willing to quit my full time job a THIRD time in 2 years, I figure I might as well get a second job. If neither place cares where I work my other job, what's wrong with getting more experience in an industry you wouldn't mind being in for the next long long time?

And yes... She can't get enough of me. Just look at that face, who couldn't love that? ;)

9. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

Whats your job at the hotel? "supervising" the young spanish maids? :rotfl:

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

It's a Compliment

Gordon Gecko was a character played by Michael Douglas in the movie Wall Street. He was a ruthless corporate pirate with an absolute drive to stay on top and lots of pretty girls at his beck & call. BIG MONEY.

So my comment was both a compliment regarding your drive to get ahead and a bit of dry humor at the possibilities that entails.

I think you might have misinterpreted it as a personal dig, nothing is further from the truth. I'm completely behind your drive to bust your butt to get ahead. It shouldn't take you long to pay down your debt with your determination to succeed.

ADDY: Almost forgot. The line "Greed for the lack of a better word is good" was Gecko's most memorable line in the flick.

:D