Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sector Shaft seal part #?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Anyone have the part number for the seal on the TOP of the sector shaft? The metal/rubber one that the 4 bolts go threw. I blew mine out today while I was out wheeling. Thanks

Harley

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm not positive that it is available separately. I can check later this eve or tomorrow at work. If it is not available separately, I *may* (you've seen my garage) have a new one out in the shop you can get.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sweet. Let me know how the hunt goes. Thanks

Harley

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

GM part number for a "kit" containing that seal is listed here, at least I think it is, if I understand which seal you are asking about: http://dyeager535.topcities.com/partsmanual.html (near the bottom)

gmpartsdirect.com is the place to go if you can wait for shipping, local dealer will probably rob you on $$.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I still got the spare you gave me if ya need it . I have 2 boxes in the garage now , and don't need it .

6. bdozeraz

bdozeraz 1/2 ton status

I did you one better this week in Moab. I broke the secter shaft off flush with the gear box dropping into Hellderado. Heard a pop, then the steering wheel just free spun. Fortunatly was able to find a used box in a wrecking yard in town.

Brent

7. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well, the only "partial" kit that has anything in it that you can use is a pitman kit. It has the lower seals and the upper seal, in this kit, they service as an o-ring. It will work, but I don't like using them as opposed to the shim/seal apparatus that you have. Now the full re-seal kit does contain the correcct shim/seal that you have. Unfortunately it is not cheap. I can look for that one I may have, but it will probably not be tonight as I have some serious studying to do tonight. To give you an idea, it is in the right front corner of the shop, which is an area that hasn't seen thie light of day for many years.
    I'll let you know.