Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

seculaur arm?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ok91blazer, Aug 8, 2002.

1. ok91blazer

ok91blazer Registered Member

hello, well ill start out by saying i hate snow, 1st off in novemberish, it snowed here in OK, and im driving down a road, hit some ice, fishtail, go across road, off the road, bout a foot dropoff, bounce up hit a barbwire fence, take out 5 t-post,and get out look at the damage, (bout cryed) anyway, i almsot hit a truck going the opposite way, he stoped i was scarred but i told him i wasfine, so i spin the tires, put it in 4 hi, and drive off, on the road i notice instead of my steering wheel being lined up at 12 and 6 now its lined up with about 2and7 so i have to keep steering wheel turned to go straight, and so i ask a one of my friends who is a mechanic, and he said it sounds like i may have bent my secular arm, then bout 3 months later, im goin down a dirt road after it been raining hard, and hit an bankment on the otherside, this mkaes my steering wheel turn to the left, so now my steering wheel is the opposite way, then not to long after that it snowed, and its icy, im drinfing bout 12 miles an hr, with my friends goin to one of there house's, well i slide and hit a big dumpster, like the ones that they slide off semi's that u throw shingles into. and that turns my wheel to teh right again,and any way here lately its been getting really loose and bad, and was wondering, how much does it cost and how easy is it to replace a seculaur arm?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

with, how often you run into stuff ,it should work it's way back in no time.... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I don't even know what a secular arm is, do you think he meant pitman arm, get under there and take a look at it also check the frame were it mounts to the steering box it may be cracked..... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you're talking about the sector shaft. It comes out of the bottom of the steering gear box, it goes into the pittman arm. I would guess your draglink is wasted. Normally, you trash a sector shaft you'll have massive leakage. I would guess bad tie rods or the drag link. A new gear box is about $150(to buy from AutoZone or wherever), about the same to have the draglink replaced, unless you do it yourself. I think the ends are about $30 apiece.

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

It's probably time for a steering box brace. Also get under that truck and check the tie rod ends, drag link ends and ball joints to make sure everything is OK. Never heard of a secular or seculaur arm.