Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

securing a bender?

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by jekbrown, Sep 3, 2006.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I live in a really safe area, but I am also a security guy by nature... I don't want my crap stolen. lol! I have a Protools 105HD and I am trying to figure out the best way to make sure it doesn't get ripped off. The stand has a piece of tube over one of the mounting bolts, with a steel cap tack welded on the end of the tube... so barring the bad guys using a torch or metal cutting tools, the stand isn't going anywhere.

Question is, what is the best way to keep the bender itself where it belongs. Just looking at it, it seems like a chain run through the dies holes and the main arms holes and then to a welded-on tab on the stand would be the easiest way. Pad lock to chain. Bolt cutters could cut that off, of course, but at least it would require something other than a crescent wrench and some elbow grease... :crazy:

anyway else thought about this? what do you do?

j

2. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I would tack weld the nut's so they could'nt unbolt it quickly . Get an alarm system for your shop . The alarm would be the 1st thing I would do . Then post a few signs on the property warning any dirtbag that you are an ex-marine with a fetish for torturing theives with a car battey :haha: . The fact that you are a redhead and you drive a green veichle would warn most people of you psycho demeaner :p: . When can I come over and try out your new tube bender :D . Bruce

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

only hair anywhere on my body that is red is my beard... dunno if that qualifies as full on "red headed" or not. lol! my Ranger is a very gay color of green... I'll give ya that one. In my defense, it was a gift and it did haul my D60 and ff14b all the way from Newport to home. ;) :thumb:

As far as the bender goes, once I get the meat of my cage done... I'll let anyone who wants to use it "go for it". If someone wanted to build a whole cage, that'd be cool with me. Just make sure to keep the parts that need to be clean... clean... and the parts that need to be lubed... lubed. Die has a lifetime warranty, and I got the HD model, so I ain't really worried about it "wearing out" any time soon. :thumb:

j

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'd use the same tip that they give to winch owners that want to keep the winch on the front of the truck......direct from Warn's site:

[​IMG]