Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Security Torx bits

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Apr 17, 2000.

Hey everybody, later this week I am getting 13 security torx bits (T-30 for the top on my 90 K5) I ordered. I had to get $20 worth and figured I would just order extras. If anyone needs a few, let me know and I will drop them in the mail to ya!

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Awesome, I am missing two of those things, here is my address.
    I almost forgot, I have a 90 also and the bolts that are used to bolt the cab part are longer than the ones used for the cab.

Thanks in advance
    Steve Fox
    Savannah Sparrow Way
    Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

2. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

where can I get the bit for those security torx bolts? I won't be able to take my top off until then!! Thanks

NEVER been stuck... *yet*

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

In a bind, I used a set of visegrips. Got 'em off pretty quick. I replaced all mine with standard bolts cause I couldn't find a bit. Now that I'm not looking, Sears, Snap-On, Home Depot, even the local O'Reily's has em.

Kyle
    89K5

4. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

i looked at some of those places a few times and they didn't have the bits with the hole in the middle of it. Help!!

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

In all honesty I found them more of a pain in the neck than anything. Like I said, I used visegrips and put back standard bolts. If somebody is man enough to take the top off my truck he can BY GOD have the whole thing too. I'll hunt tonight (gotta get more parts anyway) and see if I can find one. If I can, I'll tell ya where or grab one and mail it to ya.

Kyle
    89K5

6. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

thank you!!!! I'm at school and cannot go out to find stuff that I'm going to need. Again, thanks in advance and good luck!

7. Did you need the bolts or the bits Steve. I ordered the bits so I can get the bolts out. Let me know if that's what you need and I will get some to you when they come in the mail (should be Wed or Thurs). Thanks!

8. If you want a couple of bits to get the torx bolts out let me know and I will send you a few when I get mine.

Vise-grips do work well (I tried it when I got impatient), but I was a little wary about replacing the bolts.

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Oops sorry, bolts

Steve

10. That's cool. I will keep my eyes open for the bolts too. I need some too (as a result of my piss-poor idea that I could dremmel out the security tab!)