Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sedona, AZ wheeling

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jays Beast, May 24, 2004.

1. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Went to Sedona, AZ this weekend was able to get in a little wheeling nothing to hard, just beautiful area /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Did a couple of other trails but forgot my camera /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Here is a link to some of the pics of soldiers pass trail

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

looks like some fun /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif next time don't forget your camera /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifwhat size are those's MTR's?

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Looks fun! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Sedona, AZ and Berkeley, CA, compete neck and neck for the most "interesting" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif people I think. Beautiful neck of the woods though....

5. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

There are quite a few "interesting" people there and alot of tourist. I am running 35" MTRs on 15" wheels a far amount of /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gifon the front /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

In January 2003, I flew around the Sedona area for about 2 hours, assisting with a search for a missing light civil airplane. Landed at the airport for lunch (2 CH-53E's pretty much clobered half the parallel taxiway /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif) and flew on. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL scenery out there.

[​IMG]
    That's me holding up the tail...

[​IMG]
    The Sedona airfield.

[​IMG]
    Some random scenery around Sedona. I was kicking myself for not having a better digicam, 'cause these pics don't do the area justice...

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to do that area when the rest of the Phx area stays here baking this summer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Cool photos Jay, I like the new tires/wheels and front bumper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I was ticketed when 4wheeling up on Broken Arrow trail in Sedona. "a hiker said I was off trail" and the forest service gave me a 250 dollar fine for destrution of a natural resource. I fought it and eventually the charge was dismissed. Just a friendly warning.

10. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Years ago I ran several of the trails up there including Broken Arrown and Soldier's Pass. Very scenic but not very challenging for even a moderate vehicle. Schnebly Hill Road is also a nice scenic exit ride back to I17.