Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

see what you get for helping

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5blazier, Feb 16, 2004.

1. k5blazier

k5blazier Registered Member

hello my name is kurt, I was helping A friend tow his race car project to his new garage, being in Pa. cold and ice, well we loaded it up at the base of a small ice covered hill had to put it into 4 wheel to get up hill, felt like front was not engaged but as I eased into the gas pulled right up, when we hit dry pavement eased off drove about 15 feet and thought I through A rod through the motor, truck not moving, sounded bad, tapping,ticking, and idle kicked up to indy level, turned it off, looked under, no oil, no fluid ????? left me puzzeled un hooked trailer, made truck drive under half to 3/4 throttle did not want to move, put shifter into 2 wheel and backed up about 20 feet all noise went away, sounded normal! hooked trailer back up and drove my buddy to his new garage, drove fine!!! for the last week or two I have heard some clicking in the right front wheel, now did I blow out the hubs or the transfer case??????????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, sounds like the hubs took a crap on ya. Just replace 'em with some Warns...it'll be the best mod you'll ever do...

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you got auto hubs on your 88?

4. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I'd also say a lock-out hub problem...
    those auto-hubs..didn't take much of a beating..

5. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

If you were spinning your fronts when you hit dry pavement you may have shattered your front spider gears.

6. k5blazier

yes it has auto hubs

7. k5blazier

ya kind of figuring, drove truck today to work drove fine other then the clicking, wife is having a heart attack /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I have A 72 camaro that was A 7 year money pit as she says, now I am getting into 4 wheelin and she freakin, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif thanks guys for the help

8. k5blazier

the front wheels wern't spining, I'm thinking its the hubs the truck has 170,000 on it new trans and got A nice motor going in this spring so guess i'll be doing the hubs and in the future I' replace the front and rear diff's thanks for replying