Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

seeking parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5bodyboy, Jan 21, 2005.

1. k5bodyboy

k5bodyboy Registered Member

First way cool site haven't had much time to look around yas site until today very cool. I am also from the great state of Co. I'm currently stuck in Va. in the military.
    Anyway I'm seeking Iguess the are called shims that you put under the leaf springs to change the pinion angle. Well I despritately need these parts and I don't know who makes them or where I can get them cause the auto parts stores used to sell them and now they don't.
    I really dont have the option ot cutting my perches and adjusting accordingly just to weld every thing back together again.
    If any of you know what I'm talking about and know where I can get them please get back to me asap.
    Would very much appreitate it.
    Thankx
    K5bodyboy

2. dcell152

dcell152 Registered Member

In Maine I go to a place called Brake Service. They sell mostly stuff for BIG trucks but they also make drive shafts and U bolts and so on. Not sure what you have around there.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Try ORD, sponsors of this forum:grin:

4. ss396

ss396 Registered Member

If you can find a Auto or Truck spring shop, they should have them. 6 degrees shims are the biggest they make.

If you live in a larger town, the auto parts store should be able to order them in.

5. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status