Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seems my fenders sprouted legs and "walked" down the alley last night

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 3, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

One of my neighbors stops by and says there are some fenders laying in the alley, and asked if they were mine.

I go look, and sure enough, two of my fenders I had sitting in the backyard are laying together on the side of the alley about 3 houses north. I carry them back and immediately start looking for what else is missing.

Nothing else was taken, only two mismatched fenders. Pretty stupid thieves to grab only two fenders then lose the only two things they stole 200 feet down the alley. Or maybe they just sprouted legs and walked there. :confused:

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Maybe they knew what kinda "treatment" you had it store for them.

3. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

Stake out for the thieves, catch them, tie them up and drive them out to your Jimmy and hook them up to an oxen yolk and have them pull your Jimmy home!!!

4. mountainexplorer

These were good fenders. One was for my '77 Crew Cab, and the other was for my '82 Crew cab. I've never been charged with fender abuse. ;)

5. mountainexplorer

There's an idea! But with my luck with that Jimmy, something else would go wrong.

I'm thinking of stringing out some trip wires... just for the sake of making anyone who hops over the fence trip and fall. My dog doesn't do anything. She stays asleep in the house and only arises if she smells food.

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

And "Claymores" too?

If so, I want to play Army at your house this summer!!!!!!!! Boom........rat-a-tat-tat!:D

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm betting yon thief was planning on comming back for them.

8. mountainexplorer

Thats true. Now that I think about it, he was probably on foot.

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

do it trip wires on tin cans make it make noise, cover the top of your fence in butal, black suff looks like tar used to seal windows and its cheal like a buck a cauking tube, it will stick to them and make a mess.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

leave them in an obvious spot, electrify them...

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I'm really tired of assholes who mess with other people's stuff. I know it's not a huge thing, but when I filled up with gas today I noticed someone had thrown a beer can in the bed of my truck. Why do people feel the need to dick with other people's property?

12. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

That was my thought too. A couple of wires split, hooked to the fender, and the other end in an outlet. Hose them down with a bit of water too...

13. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

**** like this is why I'm movin to the sticks in Alaska where you'll hafta fly in to find me or have one badass truck to drive in (like mine:D )

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol!!! yeah, maybe they were like eco-terrorists but their big cause was restored trucks and they were going to try to preserve the virgin sheetmetal before some crazy gearhead butchered it up for his gas guzzling-nobby-tired offroad rig! lol! :grin:

j

15. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

haha if you see them tell them they can have mine, ive been prying at it trying to get it off, its smashed in the front with the light housing and the bumper holds it all in there, all the bolts are off and its a pain in the ass to get off, i just picked up a new one today from the junk yard, its purlple :blush:

16. mountainexplorer

Is it wrong of me to actually hope that they DO come back tonight? ;)

Right now, if they jump back over the fence again and make it past walking over the tarps on the ground and the 4x8 sheet of thin white board leaning on a truck door, they will encounter a front core support.

Any movement of this core support will result in one of three chrome center caps falling, and one of the two tires on either side to fall over; one being propped up by a window regulator assembly; also rattling the chain hooking the core support to one rim and tire and over to another truck door handle. If that door moves, another rim and tire will fall.

If they hop over all this, they will encounter round 3.

Trying to steel one of my good hoods will result in toppling over a chair tied with wire to it with tire chains on it that will fall and make noise. Moving one of the other fenders nearby this hood will result in a piece of exhaust dislocating a door's resting spot, knocking over a rim and tire. I have a stack of tires with a bumper leaning on them, two window screens, and an old plastic mug hanging on the edge of the stack ready to fall. I also routed the garden hose in between two of the tires, just to make it look like something bad might happen.

If they try and hop into the breezeway area, they will knock over some cardboard, trip over a 203 T-case, or get a foot into one of 3 buckets of oil, then trip an extension cord that will knock over a vacuum cleaner.

If they get over that, and are looking to take my nice custom seat (which they would never be able to pack back out through this all), they will encounter some string tied linking a shopping cart, two seats, a riding mower steering wheel, another door and a water container.

I almost left the light on for them, but I figured it'd be funner if it was all a surprise to them, so I left it pitch black out there (plus they cant see that I locked up anything of value now). Of course, they probably WONT come back.

Oh well, it was fun to set up. :grin:

17. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

How low can people go? Stealing fenders? Man , what a bunch of bs. Usually everybody gets ripped off at one point or another. Just remember all people arent bad, most are good. Just out of curiosity, mabey it was an inside job???? I know thats thinking bad, but mabey did anyione you know ask a long time ago about fenders? I have some brother in laws i wouldnt trust as far as could spit lol. good luck, Jacob

18. mountainexplorer

Everyone who knows me knows that if they need something, I'll eventually find it for them, and they don't need to steel from me. I seem to be everyone's used parts supplier in our group anyway. Those fenders would kinda be noticeable as ones I was going to use.

I do, however, have to keep the 60's locked up away all my friends.

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ive seen pics of your land before, arent you set back on your own secluded spot? It takes alot of balls to go on a mans land like that. Ive been ripped off before, it sucks. At least you diddnt loose anything!!The window dosent roll down on my blazer all the way, these fkers managed to get into it 5 times,but every time they actually get into the cab, they cant figure out how to get the stero out!!!! :haha: DUMB ASSES!!!! :haha: They can manage to get inside, but cant get out the stero.:haha: Its like, if your going to commit a crime,put there asses all on the line,,they should go rob a bank or something, something good, something BIG . Not sterios and fenders:surepal:

"Whatcha in for?" ,,,,reply= "Uh i stole some mismatched fenders.",,, :surepal:

Mabey get a big shed made? Put everything in there with an alram??, i can relate to your feeling of getting ripped off, but it could have been a random thing too. Whatever you do, dont loose sleep over it, mabey box you stuff on one part of your property? Park all the trucks RIGHT next to eachother with the windows folded in, so they cant open the doors. . Thats what i do, its the next best thing to an alarm. Even though its tough to deal with, getting ripped off, dont fret, just protect your stuff somehow, because if they want it bad ebough, theyl get it.I know what it feels like, but you cant change it.The only way you could change it, would be to stay up like a weirdo and sit there and wait,witch i did after my attempted rip off, but after a while i realized its not worth the sleep lost.And they usually would wait a few weeks to cofuse you before they tried it again, not right after. Oddly, theres all the sudden a buttload of posts of people getting ripped off all at once.:confused: Must be the season. Good luck, Jacob

20. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

The "Magee's Closet" of backyards!!!!
    Hope they do come back.

Friend of mine moved to 15 acres in Tenn, had his own lake even. One night during the remodel of the house he heard or saw somone on the property. Took out his shotgun and blasted thru the closed window. Blew a hole thru the bottom of a worthless boat too. Glazier comes back in the morning to finish installing the windows and my friend sheepishly tells him he needs another window.
    That afternoon he visits his Attorney, 30 miles away and in the next county. Attorney's first words are "Gene, You are being carefull out there, aren't you?"

Msg delivered.