Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

seems odd--but check this every once in a while

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Nov 30, 2002.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

last night we went out to play in the nearby sand dunes and the whole crank pully came off--apparently this happens to the hotrodders and to check the bolts holding the pully and the balancer on. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

i dont see how people can drive w/o power steering---man i couldnt turn it for the life of me. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. 87project

87project Registered Member

mine fell off in the driveway Friday morning as soon as I cranked it.Apparently the guy who had it before i did took the wrong balancer and drove it on the end of the crank,and sent it on its way w/no bolt in it.So the end of the crank is ruined on my 305 w/140,000 miles.Now I guess I'll save for a crate motor,so i can drive it for more than a week at a time. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

4. 87project

87project Registered Member

makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just lookin at it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hear ya /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif, I've got a factory original 400 cid small block in my old 76 K5 and really want a 383-HT, only equiped with the RamJet electronic fuel injection. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG]

6. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Mine did this on the way to Elephant Butte last summer. Still over 40 miles away and everything in T or C closed at 5 that day. It was 6. Got new bolts from a ski shop and had to use JB weld to keep one in since the hole was stripping.

7. SCOOBYDANNN

whats up ryan---long time no see---we are planning a trip up to las cruses here pretty soon (prob after i get some tires. got a couple of friends that know all the trails. i threw away my cell, bet if you want gimme a call at 833-3489 and if you wanna go gimme a call

8. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

I am in the process of redesigning my truck, so If I went it would be as a passenger/cameraman/spotter. Haven't been to Cruces since the 2001 ARCA championships. I'll give you a call this week. what hours are you normally home?

9. SCOOBYDANNN

after 6 mon-thurs--
    im not at home all day fri,
    and sat--before 5
    sun--usually home all day