Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seen anything weird while being outdoors?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by 77blazin, May 21, 2006.

1. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Has anyone seen anything weird while camping, fishing or hunting, you know like something out of the ordinary or not in its place?
    Do you suspect that you're being watched at night??:yikes:
    Some good stories to tell by people in the states.
    Here in Hawaii, all we got is caves and menehunes running around.
    Anybody??:dunno:

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I lived out doors in my youth. Get off work, go camping, saw some weird stuff. Storys are too long too share here. I have seen enough to make me beleive there are things out there that haven't been discovered or expalined yet.

3. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

stranges thing i ever had encountered when phesant hunting when at the state park, alot of people, all get certian areas to hunt for a time, then all land is game, was a group of guys than game into our time before the time limit, and they jumped a bird about 50 yards to the right of us, while being about 30 yards behind our line of guys, and the bird flew toards us, and over us, so this moron shoots at it, when its over my old man, and misses, so my old man nails it at like 30 yards, after he felt the shot fall on him, then throws the bird to the guy, who then yells, "next time duck a$$ hole"
    the same guy was hunting with a rotwiler with a huge cow bell on its neck. What an idioit.

4. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I have seen and heard some weird s**t since hunting in the woods that if I told some of the stories you'd think I was a crazy son of a b**ch. I don't do drugs so I know I'm not some crazy SOB.

5. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

We won't laugh at you or talk of you being crazy, there is only one story that still haunts me but my great late Uncle Samuel told me back in 1976, something of a man but not human, he was somewhere in the states, don't remember which, he was elk hunting with a high powered rifle, season was just coming to a close and he shot one and wounded it, so him and his friend Chase followed the blood trail, the brush was pretty thick until they finally came out in an open space on the hillside, there on the valley floor they could see the big elk limping away from the brush to an open field and before they could proceed someone appeared from the brush except he or what ever it was was hairy, it got to the elk and somehow wrestled it down this man was pretty big cause the elk never moved after being put down by the big man.
    Uncle Samuel wasn't going to lose his trophy to some guy so he fired his gun into the air.
    The man stopped and looked at the two hunters then set a pace into the brush where it dissapeared.
    Within minutes, there was a loud piercing scream as if some lady was being frightened, but it came from where the big man had dissapeared, then seconds later another scream ranged out but it was from behind the hunters, this scared the crap out of them, so deciding not to go after the dead elk, they both got out of the area and never said a word about it since.
    Well not until a family reunion with scary stories to tell.
    My late Uncle was an exellent hunter in his days, bowhunter and a marksman with his rifle and nothing ever scared him, not until that fateful day.
    I actually thought he was a lunatic, but after he died I got a scrapbook of him and his friend Chase of all the hunting experiences they had, but it all ended on the year in which my Uncle and his friend saw it in 1955.

No drugs taken here and I don't drink so if you want to patronize me about this story, then go ahead, I can take the crap, but I know that other people have seen something thats not in its place in the woods, fishing in the streams or hunting in the fields, don't be shy, they could be just stories.
    Mike

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks for sharing! Now the rest of you share. I had no idea big foot could be real!

7. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

We were bear hunting in Los Padres National Forest a couple of years ago and it was around 5 in the morning. We suddenly stopped to look outside. There was this big flying object in the sky and it was shooting a beam of light and circling the mountains. Then it seemed as if it had picked something up because the beam of light was going in the ship and then it took off disappearing in a matter of seconds. I had 2 of these encounters since I was 12 years old I am now 30.

Another note, I was hunting Cottonwood canyon for the first time in the Santa Barbara mountains and my dad had shot a buck in the morning. I didn't see my dad 'til the afternoon. My dad couldn't go get it because he has a bad knee. He waitied for me to get close to him. I didn't get close to him until around 3 in the afternoon. When I got to him he told me and one of my dad's driends and I took off down the mountain and went to look for it. When we got to where my dad had shot the buck it looked as if the buck was dragging itself down the rest of the mountain and into the heaviest cover there was. We kept on looking and it suddenle got dark. When it got dark all we could hear were rattlesnakes rattling next to us. We didn't have any flashlights. We decided to stay put and sleep there to avoid getting lost since it was our first time there. We slept inside this huge bush. During the night was the scariest. I heard so many different noises I didn't know what to make of the noises. The weirdest one was this noise that sounded like a hyena. It would laugh just like a hyena. NEver knew what it was but like the song say's "freak's come out at night."

I have found 3 human skeletal remains 1 almost complete and others just limbs. None had meat on them, very old remains. I know they were humans and not animal remains, a plane that had crashed many years ago and never found. I have heard and seen so many things that it's just crazy.

I have been hunting with my dad since I was 6 years old. I love it and just being out with nature is the best for me. That's my therapy.

I will quote 77blazin:
    "No drugs taken here and I don't drink so if you want to patronize me about this story, then go ahead, I can take the crap, but I know that other people have seen something thats not in its place in the woods, fishing in the streams or hunting in the fields, don't be shy, they could be just stories."

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

wow crazy stuff... no stories out of the norm from me :S

9. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah I have heard quite a few weird ones from my uncle who lives outside of Longview in East Texas, and also a few creepy ones from my dad when he lived in the Dakotas around the black hills. But sadly havent been able to get any cool stories of my own account, other than killing and eating snakes and whatnot. One day, I have been getting into the whole exploration kick lately so maybe something will come my way, and when it does, it will meet the business end of my 30.30 winchester or 44 redhawk...........and if all else fails, will meet the business end of my truck haha.

Regards,
    Remington

10. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I came across a black panther one day near dusk in east texas when I was about 12. It was in the flint/bullard area which is real close to jacksonville. All i had with me was my 410 with bird shot and my good little dog, big-titty. Yes big-titty was his name. Anyway, it was about 100 yards away from me and let out a scream that sent chills down my spine. I kinda ducked down and got real big-eyed, wondering if this thing was going to eat me. It jumped off the limb if the tree it was chilling in and dissapeared almost instantly. I went back home as fast as I could checking my back every second or so.

One real cool experience was when I was trapped on Sierra Blanco mountain in new mexico. Two friends and I had gone up the mountain with chainsaws and gas to rescue our dirtbikes that we had stranded the week prior (whole nother story their, what dumbasses). Anyway, we quickly realized we would be sleeping in the mountains so we tried to make the best of it. We found a good spot near a cliff on the edge of the treeline. About 2am, we here these crazy cries coming from the other side of the trees. Of course, we decide to hike through the woods on a dark night on a 10,000 foot mountain. We get to the other side where it opened up to a huge valley. There were probably 20 elk breeding and fighting in the valley. They would bugle, bash heads and let out these crazy screams. What a crazy night. The next day we hike back down, cold, tired and hungry. On the way back, we see a helicopter heading straight for the mountain, we're like, oh sheet. Then here comes all kinds of trucks from the white mountain rescue team. Turns out my buddys wife freaked out and told the cops we were trapped in the mountains. What an adventure that was.

11. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

This was more cool than wierd but my mom, exgirlfriend, and I were out fishing on a party boat in the Gulf one time. We were drifting for kingfish and I was using my own tackle, cause I always bring my good stuff, and my mom and woman were using the ****ty boat tackle. My mom went inside to get a beer so I was holding her pole for her. Now would be a good time to note for those of you that aren't familiar with kingfishing. A kingfish is a long slender razor toothed missile, kinda like a mini wahoo if you know what those are. They usually hit the bait at around 35 mph and have been known to jerk poles out of people's hands.

Anyway, I got a hookup on her pole while I was still holding it and was trying to hand mine off to my woman so I could fight the fish, but she was not a fisherwoman and didnt know wtf was going on. Just then a 8' mako jumped clear out of the water 3 times about 50 yards from the boat, and wouldnt you know it he was on the end of my mom's pole. After that he broke the line and was gone. I was totaly pissed that he had gotten hooked up on the ****ty pole and not mine. My equipment would have been good enough to handle him. It was still cool as hell to see. I dont know if he ate my bait (a 1' long ribbonfish) or ate a kingfish that I had hooked but for that few seconds it was a wild ride.

12. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Nothing out of the usual. Saw BigFoot a couple of times and was abducted by aliens. They dropped me off at a nudist colony in Northern California. Still havent been able to find my way out of that one.
    "I'm nekid" is always an option for me.

13. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

It seems like aliens wanted you to have a good time, or they probably didn't know where to drop you after your examination, remember they are known to strip you of your clothes during your physical examination...
    Anybody else would like to share a story of anything strange while fishing or walking along the beach or seen something strange in the sky that can't be explained.
    Or walked a trail to see something bizarre, I know there are other people here that have stories to spill out, don't be afraid, true or false, let us wonder about that.
    Ghost stories are just as good and you or others may have seen or heard the same thing.
    Here in Hawaii we have alot of these stories of the Hawaiian battle graveyard that a high school has been built on, it is rumored that you can see the untaunted spirits marching towards battle in the playgrounds of the school or see the faceless girl walking along Kamehameha Highway looking for a ride to see her mother that is ill not so far away. And the legendary Pele as an old hag, she arrives at your house asking for food and water, if you turn her away she will come back as lava and take your house and land away, but if you help, she will safely guide the lava around your property.
    These are some of the stories that are told by many here in Hawaii, so I know theres gotta be more than just Bigfoot, Nessie and Opogopogo that still hasn't been explained.
    Mike

14. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Something like that happened to me a few weeks ago. We were out kingfishing, and one of the poles got hit real hard, so my friend grabbed it and started fighting it. He got it to about 3ft from the boat and we saw it was a real nice bonita, probably 20lbs or so, and as I was getting ready to gaff it, a 6 or 7ft tiger shark hit it and came about 3ft outta the water.

Needless to say, we didn't bring any bonita home that day.

15. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was sitting up in about a 15' treestand that was in this big ol pecan tree backed up to about a 30' rock hill watching a mesquite flat one morning. About the time it gets dark the whole tree starts shakin like a sumbitch. I thought it was a friggin earthquake. All of a sudden about 15 turkeys land in my tree. Scared the piss out of me, I was trying to ease my '06 to hip shoot the closest(about 3 feet) when they flew to the ground. I then proceeded to plug 2 of the stinken bastards.