Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selfish Beotch.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Oct 7, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

This is one sorry bitch:

Local Soldier Could Lose Custody Of Daughter Back Home

POSTED: 10:10 am EDT October 5, 2004

BROWNSVILLE, Pa. -- A Fayette County couple says their son can't fight a custody battle with his ex-wife because he's busy with another conflict -- the war in Iraq.

Army Spc. Benjamin Horner, of Brownsville, was served with divorce papers while on duty, then learned that his former spouse doesn't want him to have anything to do with their daughter.

"I couldn't even comprehend as to why someone would want to put an extra burden on someone who's overseas fighting in a war," Horner's father, Harry, told Channel 4 Action News reporter Janelle Hall. "They just can't call 'time out' in the middle of the war."

In court papers, Horner's ex-wife says the soldier hasn't performed parental duties for the past six months. His mother, Rosemary, says that's because "he's been in Iraq since late February, early March."

The Servicemember's Civil Relief Act, signed by President George W. Bush last year, allows for "a 90-day automatic stay of legal proceedings when a servicemember's duty requirements substantially interfere with his or her ability to appear."

Janelle Hall Reports From Fayette County

"This is what this law is for, to protect the servicemen who are away doing their duty," Harry Horner said.

State Rep. Peter Daley, the attorney for Horner's ex-wife, filed paperwork saying the act doesn't apply in this case. Capt. Timothy Bellew, an Army attorney, disagrees.

"I find it unconscionable that military service in a combat theater would be grounds for termination of parental rights," Bellew told a judge.

"Everybody needs to know this act exists," Rosemary Horner said. "My honest belief is that nobody sitting in a military zone should even have papers served on them. You can't take their focus off what they're doing."

Horner's ex-wife and her attorney were unavailable for comment.

A Fayette County judge will decide whether to wait for Horner to come home before possibly handing the case over to an orphan judge.

Bullsh*t I tell you.

2. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

insane man...she should be the one to be stripped of her rights to even conceive the thought that this is a "right thing to do"....i feel for the guy...i think someone needs to make her dissappear for her daughters sake.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

almost the same thing is happening to a guy in our local 4x4 club she even tried to keep and hide his jeep from him /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif he got an emergency leave and came home for a few weeks and did manage to get his jeep back from her /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but she is still trying to keep there daughter away from him /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif although i do believe he got to see her once when he was back /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, upon filing this case, she should have become immediately ineligible for all income/support programs associated with the armed forces. (and had a few jarheads come put a boot to her for good measure)

5. semper-k-five

like mudhog said...i've seen it happen too when i was in the military...and believe it or not, i've seen more Marines and other service members actually loose the fight by choosing to remain active....sad day my friends...but what can we do? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. semper-k-five

wait until Sapper gets online...he'll have some sad stories about this sort of crap...Staff and above gets to deal with all the sad sh*t...