Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selling a K5 on Ebay

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dysphemism, May 5, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I was wondering who out there has either successfully or unsuccessfully sold a blazer on ebay? Or even any car for that matter. I was considering using Ebay. Can you tell me the good and bad of using ebay? Also, did you get the price you wanted? I'd assume you would get a tad lower price, but I could be wrong.

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

I sold my 1969 Camaro on Ebay. I would do it agine.
    Sure is nice having people all over the world look at your car and place bids. On the down side you get a lot of stupid questions like what colors is the car? I had 25 pics and a blind person could see it was white /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just put every detail you can think of on there what you think is not important someone else does. I was asking 11k for the car and got 10.5k for it.
    Hope this helps.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Ok cool man, how much did Ebay charge you for its use if you don't mind me asking?

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I sold a 1984 Cadillac Limosine I find now was worth around $4k for $1000. Paid ebay $80 or so for the listing, the guy had sob story after sob story, so I took off $100.

The car sat in my way for almost a year after he bought it. He was in Canada and had a lot of real problems coming to get it.

I wouldn't do it again with a car that I wasn't sure could drive long distance, so the guy has less excuses for coming to get it... I made back the lost money in storage fees, though.

5. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I've sold two on ebay. A 78 blazer, and a 79 4x4 pickup. I would probably do it again, but i would word my terms of sale alittle better.

Best thing to do is look at the other auctions and get a good idea of what they are saying; Will you deliver or Must they pickup?, Will you deliver if they pay, Your not responsible for the vehicle after they get it. Stuff like that. Just cover all your bases, so if something tears up you honestly didn't know about, they cant blame you for it.

Hope this helps some /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif