Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selling a vehicle sucks... I'm pissed!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eclipse, Mar 21, 2006.

1. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

ok I'm trying to sell my 01 Tacoma my wife drives, i've had an ad out for almost two weeks, got my first call on saturday, lady sounded interested. Although my wife was out of town tell sunday with the truck. I told her sunday evening she could come by and look at it and I'd give her a call. I called sunday evening... we found something else... Ok tough luck.

Ok so now tonight was the real pisser!. I'm on my way home from work to grap my dog and go to my parents for tacos (one of my favorite dinners my mom makes) and then go to work on my 85 K10 in my dads shop. About 5pm on my way home I get an unknown number, sure enough call #2 about the tacoma, the guy is only a few blocks from where I live (not close to my parents) and he says he is going to dinner and will call me at 6:30. So I'm excited someone is coming to look at the tacoma, but 6:30 rolls around, no call and now it is 8:45 and no word from this clown and my evening is down the crapper, no tacos and no shop time tonight... how rude... :mad:

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

All you need to do is ask me about how vehicle and parts sales works :wink1: . On average, it takes about 4 to 10 (or in my cases sometimes, over 10) people to call on one item before it actually sells to a buyer. And in some cases more than that.

Very rarely do you sell something to the 1st or 2nd person who calls.

I've got plenty of other horror stories about things I've held onto and then had people change their minds, not show up, or decide they don't want. But I won't share those.

3. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

at this point I'm not as mad about him not buying it, ruining my evening waiting for him!

4. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

I know what you mean, had the same thing happen when I was trying to sell my 73 GMC. The kids were at grandma's so the wife and I planned a night out, alone, very rare. Getting ready to leave for dinner, guy calls, wants to see the truck, can't wait till the next day, afraid he might "miss out". I describe the truck exactly as it is. He has to see it "tonight". So we agree to meet back at the house in 2 hours, he calls 1.5 hours later, so the wife and I quickly finish dinner and rush home. He shows up 30 minutes later..."Not what I'm looking for." You sorry son of a b****. My wife had to hold me back. I was about ready to put my size 10.5 Justin up his ass.

5. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I had some friends ask me, why didn't you just call the guy and see if he was coming... yeah after it was too late for me go up to the shop, that would have been ugly on the phone.

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I've had the same truck for sale in different publications for probably 6 months now. Tis getting a bit frustrating as I could really use the money.