Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selling Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Biguub91, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Biguub91

Biguub91 Registered Member

Sorry

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I see a post deletion in your future... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif </font>

3. Biguub91

why? In all honesty all im trying to find out is if thats a fair price because i have been living in canada for a while and dont know what they are going for in the states. But I figured someone might be interested so I put my info up. Is there a rule against that in the forum? I have seen other people discussing buying and selling parts and vehicles

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Is there a rule against that in the forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.....

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I see a post deletion in your future...

[/ QUOTE ]
    You Shaggy are correct in your reading of the crystal ball. I just hope I don't get banned from the "Notify Moderator" button. That's the third one in three days. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> See, sometimes people can get away with asking a question about something that is for sale, and even though it's kind of a "for sale" post, it's not a big deal. The difference is, in those cases the poster is a member of CK5, meaning that they have paid $25 to become a full member. Non-paying memebrs are always welcome on CK5, but Steve, the owner of the site, had to cut off some priviliges to the non-paying members because CK5 was in danger of going under and he needed more paying members to keep it going. So, one of the things that the non-paying members lost was the ability to post ads in the for sale and wanted forums. So now some non-paying members try to mask their for sale ad in a tech post, like for example by saying "I want to sell this truck, what is it worth?" I don't think that you were trying to mask anything, you just didn't know. It's all good, but don't be surprised if this thread disappears. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif</font>

7. Biguub91

I realized that after I tried to change the post to the for sale forum. However, I dont feel that i want to pay 25.00 out of my meager college income so I can have sticker, meager discounts at select places, and the privilege to type on a forum. Not to sound bitter I think this is a great site but I dont think the benefits of membership are great enough for me to pay for access to a couple more forums when I already know things or can learn things just by reading from other sources.

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I realized that after I tried to change the post to the for sale forum. However, I dont feel that i want to pay 25.00 out of my meager college income so I can have sticker, meager discounts at select places, and the privilege to type on a forum. Not to sound bitter I think this is a great site but I dont think the benefits of membership are great enough for me to pay for access to a couple more forums when I already know things or can learn things just by reading from other sources.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's perfectly fine that you don't suport the site but have the decency to follow the established rules when your getting all this free help.
    If it smells anything at all like a forsale post in the wrong forum it will get deleted. That's the rule.

More an more forums hare having to ask it's members for suport because advertising dollars and hard to come buy. Despite what you think, the internet is not free. Bandwidth costs money. This site has 3million plus hits per month and well over 100gigs of bandwidth is used in the process. If it wasn't for all these folks joining this site would have been gone 2 years ago.
    The orriginal core members Donated money to keep this site here. Steve was ready to shut it down because he couldn't afford several hundred a month in the bandwidth overages. The core members asked for him to set this up so they could keep CK5 alive. Steve still barely covers the cost of operation month to month.