Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selling my 91 K5 Krawler **update 8-17** MUST GO 4500 firm last chance

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by K5DRAGER, Jan 25, 2004.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Selling my 91 K5 Krawler. 91 Blazer, rust free- but has trail damage all over it. Has a 87 front end on it, roof cut off, windshield frame made and windshield installed (currently broken) full roll cage with tube doors and no tailgate.

DANA 60 front, fully rebuilt, 5.86 gears w/ detroit locker, non-necked down inner axles, 35 spline spicer outers w/ Warn drive flanges. Custom 10 bolt caliper brackets with 10 bolt calipers, custom made HI steer arms with HD tierod and FULL HYDRO steering.

DANA 70 rear, 35 spline axles, welded diff w/ 5.86 gears and disc brakes. Both axles have 12" longer than stock Superlift braided brake lines.

LIFT: Front has 4" BDS springs w/ ORD add a leaf w/ front axle moved 1" forward using ORD's HD greaseable shackles. Rear ORD 4" shackle flip moved 2" forward on the frame using 2" longer than stock Daystar shackles with stock 52" long springs.

TIRES: 39.5x15x15 TSL's on 15x10 eight lug rims with MRT weld on beadlocks

Low mileage TBI 350 (87,000 miles) with new dual exhaust, 700r4,241. Engine, tranny, and transfer case all work great and have been serviced regularly. Front driveshaft is the stock one lenghtened and the rear is a 1350 slip yoke.. nothing fancy. Has Rancho RS99012X shocks with ford towers up front and a homemade crossmember in the rear.

Has a 20 gal RCI fuel cell mounted right behind the rear seat with a sending unit hooked up to the stock gauge. Has a Holley multi point pickup installed inside with a frame mounted pump.

This truck is ready to go wheeling right now and has proven itself as a very capable rig. Has been on 9 wheelin trips. This was trailered to every trip and the tire and wheel combo only has 5 trips on them. This will make someone an awesome trail rig.. Last chance... 4500.00 FIRM. If it don't sell by sept for this price it will be parted out. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Re: Selling my 91 K5 Krawler

I take it that ebay fell through. It can be hard to sell specialty stuff on there, and really hard if it is un-shippable. I say keep it till the next season /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Good luck to ya.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Please don't sell it, Brent! By far, this is the most fun 4wd rig I've ever had the pleasure of riding in. It's an awesome machine.

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Might sell without rims and tires as I've had some interest in them and that would bring the price of the truck down a good bit. Let me know if this would work out better for someone.

5. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Come on guys, I realy need to sell this. Make me a decent offer on this and I might surprise you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'll store it for you until you regain your sanity. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

You can even keep the keys!

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

thought you wer keeping it? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. AZTimT

AZTimT Registered Member

A couple of questions. First, could you tell me the exact height in inches to clear the whole vehicle (for enclosed trailer purposes)? And second, obviously you need the money ASAP, but does the rig have to be picked up/moved right away or would you be able to hold on to it until the last part of April? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I want a trailer rig myself, but I'm not sure if this one would fit. My 78 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is way too nice to go and REALLY wheel it with a clear conscience /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif! My 86 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif also needs a lot of upgrades and still has a pretty nice body too... I'm thinking this would be a good solution and I could sell the other two, but if it doesn't fit in my trailer (which I haven't seen in person yet either) I might have to go with a smaller rig like a /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Toyota or even a Sammy /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I think it's too bad that you can't keep it though as it seems like a really sweet rig! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Tim

9. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I'll get some measurements tomight or tomorrow and get them to you tomorrow. If your still interested in it after that we can see about making arrangements.

10. AZTimT

AZTimT Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll get some measurements tomight or tomorrow and get them to you tomorrow. If your still interested in it after that we can see about making arrangements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that sure sounds great! I'm gonna try to get the measurements for this race car hauler that I bought and hope it'll clear at least 84" which is about my guess for your rig, but then these computer screens always mess up my judgement. I have family to visit in Illinois when I get back anyway, this would just make the trip more exciting! Obviously as you can guess from my sig, there is certainly no big hurry on my end /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. I look forward to hearing back from you.

11. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Well I went and measured it tonight. It was kinda hard due to the snow and one tire low and the tarp on it but it looked like it was right at 84-85 inches tall and the front width on the tires measured 86" wide. If it turns nice out this weekend I'll air up the tire and pull the tarp and get a good measurement. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. AZTimT

AZTimT Registered Member

I'm trying right now to get measurements of this trailer I have but my mom is having a hard time with it since she filled it up with some stuff to help a friend. She gave me rough estimates of 6'8" for clearance through the door, but only 4'7" where the wheelwells are. She can't reach the measurement for between the wheelwells right now, which would be the key for fitting it with the tires either aired down or swapped for dinky donuts. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Here's to hoping! Of course I could always get another trailer, but the money tree has limits, darn it. Talk to ya soon!

Tim

13. AZTimT

AZTimT Registered Member

This is not looking good... I still cannot get the actual measurement for between the wheelwells on this darn trailer. If only I were home to take care of my own stuff!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Re-up? Never again... sorry for the rant. Anyways, it looks like I am going to have to pass for right now since I can't commit with a clear conscience, but I will be keeping an eye on this thread so if you still have it later, you may hear from me again. I truly apologize for getting your hopes up, but some circumstances (or most) are out of my control for now! Best of luck! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Tim

14. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I totally understand... I was in the marines for 5 years. The way my luck has been going so far I just might still have it when ya get back.

15. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Still for sale. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

16. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

TTT /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

17. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Come on guys, Spring fever and tax refunds. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

18. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

BTTT /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

19. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Don't part it! but if you do I will take all of this:
    "Has a 20 gal RCI fuel cell mounted right behind the rear seat with a sending unit hooked up to the stock gauge. Has a Holley multi point pickup installed inside with a frame mounted pump. " /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

20. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Sorry Steve, no I'm not going to part it. It will be all or nothing. I just don't have th time it would take to part this thing out.