Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selling my truck on ebay questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5blazin, Nov 2, 2006.

1. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

Hey guys i need some help.. Im thinking about selling my Nissan Frontier on ebay cause it wont sell around here. I do still owe some money on it and the bank has the title. My question is what would happen when i sell it on ebay? Do i just go to the bank that i have the loan out for and pay it off, then send the title to the buyer with a power of attorney saying that i signed off on it? Any help or insight would be great.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You can do that, but many lenders (the other guys) won't like it at all. The oe time I sold one on eBay that was financed, I had the buyers bank wire transfer the $$ to mine and mine sent the title to me to sign and forward to the buyer.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

go to bank and pay off. then get lein relese and attach it to the title. then sign over like normal. but i would make a copy of the relese first to save for any problems. thats all that is needed in my state as far as i know.

4. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

Ok well as far as i know in Pennsylvania both buyer and seller have to be present in front of a notary to sign the title over. unless you have a power of attorney letter saying that i already signed it over to the new owner of the car.. Should i put that i have a lein on the title in the Ebay ad?

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They may have to be present in front of a notary, but not at the same time. Also, if you sell it out of state, usually you just give them a bill of sale and sign over the title. They will register it in their state.