Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selling of parts, just a heads up.

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by rugger03, Aug 24, 2004.

1. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

I am finishing up my project and i have alot of parts off my CUCV that arent getting reused. If you guys need anything let me know. I would rather hook a brother up, Just ask i might have it. I have all sorts of 6.2 and 6.5 parts. Here are a few things i have on ebay, but as of right now im tired of answering stupid questions and recieving emails that my BIN prices is to high.

Cheers, Rugger

Starter
    K&N filter/ aircleaner
    J-Code intake.

2. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

Hi there, I'm looking for a vacuum pump with the electronic speed indicator (magnetic or hall effect) for a 6.2 or 6.5 (I'm told they are the same) so I can work out a system to put a tach in my blazer. Also an OD manual tranny would be nice if you've got one for a 4x4 but I have my doubts about that one.

3. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

no on the tranny let me look top see what i have for vacum pumps.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Any extra turbo stuff? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Rene

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Good one.
    /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

actually i have and extra set of manifolds.

7. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

no on the extra vacum pump, sorry. I am interested i hearing how that set up would work, for a future project.
    rugger

8. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    no on the extra vacum pump, sorry. I am interested i hearing how that set up would work, for a future project.
    rugger

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to get one in my hands cause all the information I can find on them just says they have a speed sensor and what vehicles they came in. A new one is about $170 after shipping if I could avoid paying that I would love to. When I get ahold of one I'll start by figuring out what sort of sensor it has to measure engine speed (my guess being a hall effect or inductive sensor) and then what circuitry is necessary to use a gas tachometer with that particular setup. This means a few things to me:
    1) no fooling around with calibrating an alternator based tach
    2) no switching alternators just to find one with a special output to use with an adapter
    3) no spending money on a different alternator or $80+ adapter to go from alternator --> gas tachometer

Eventually I want to swap the dash in my '83 K5 for a 100MPH speedo and tachometer dash, and when I'm out of school and working maybe I'll switch them out for a set of autometers or something that looks really nice. As soon as I get anywhere with the conversion expect to see more details and a full instructional writeup on these forums as well as thedieselplace.com, which I am also registered at.

(Unless someone wants to score me a real good deal on a duramax 6.6 turbo to drop in this blazer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya see...it never hurts to ask.

Thanks again Erik!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

10. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya see...it never hurts to ask.

Thanks again Erik!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif