Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selling on ebay

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wayne, Apr 7, 2002.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Anybody here sell on ebay, and have you had good results???

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I sold a lot of stuff a couple of years ago..I didn't have any problems..Just make sure you post pics with your items..They sell a lot better..Dan

3. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I sell stuff all the time. Make sure you have good pics and a good description. Most the time I sell things that I was going to throw away. It is amazing what people will buy.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I sold some Borla Vette mufflers on there once. The deal fell thru, so I relisted them and they sold fine the next time.

Sandi has bought a few things thru there and we have had good luck so far.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yep.....have had positive,and negitive feelings towards E-Bay. The thing that I hate are dead beat bidders!

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well I am thinking about putting some 1 ton axles on there and see how it goes. Not sure yet what I am going to do but I might give it a try.

7. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Next to CK5.com, ebay is my most frequently visited site...I sell and buy a bunch of stuff and so does my roomie...I have only had one negative experience out of about 30 deals or so...But over all it is great... I recently sold a GPS on there that I was gonna sell to a friend and got $100 for it when I only bought it for $120 three years ago...

Chris

8. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I just sold a ring and pinion and carrier a couple of days ago. Couldnt be happier. The only thing that sucks is when you quote shipping too low and loose profit.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Tell me about the 1 ton axles. I might be intrested, save you the ebay fee's.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ebay rules. Good way to make some $$$ on the side with little-to-no effort. Snap a quick pic of what ya wanna sell, and talk it up in your description and you'll be set.

J

11. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

How many axles do you have wayne? What price are you selling them for? I just started to look for a 1 ton truck to buy to grab the axles out of. It would be nice to have matching axles.

12. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have a pretty good supply for 1 ton stuff. The only problem is we usually don't like to ship them. Most are 4:56 geared with a Detroit in the 14ff. Some of the 60's have Trac Loks in them. Also have some 4:10 geared axles. Price is $1500 a set with 4:56's and a Detroit in the 14ff and the D60 open, $1600 with a Trac Lok in the 60 when we have them.

13. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

I just started the ebay thing selling a car on it. So far its been great making money seems to be easy on here. Jesse

14. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I buy and sell alot on eBay. I just bought a set of Wilson Golf Clubs and have practically built both of my Harley from eBay. I just bought two pairs of Centerlines for my Camaro. One thing to remember when selling an item the listing title is how it is found when someone searches. Make sure you spell the stuff right. There is a shortcut I have posted here a couple of times. If when you do the search you put an asterick * behind each word as you search for an item it broadens the search and bypasses misspellings and plurals. That way if you spell it different than the seller it will still show up on the search.

John

15. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I second John's ideas...In your description, use as many descriptive words as possible...If I were selling a 6" BDS lift, it be like "BDS suspension lift kit chevy truck gmc" I might even throw in words like Rancho or Superlift if I had room...By adding more words to your description, you greatly increase your visibility...

Chris

16. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Thanks guys. I guess I will have to snap some pics and give it a shot.

17. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm always watching eBay stuff, especially the D60 parts. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I always type in "dana 60" in the search box and go from there. There seems to be an average of 50 to 75 different D60 stuff up for bids all the time.

Other stuff I watch for are:
    "transfer case"
    "14 bolt rear axle"
    "np 205"
    "np203"
    "th400"
    "454"
    "blazer"

Etc., you get the idea. Just type in the main word(s) of what you are selling or looking for.