Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selling parts for gas money

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 19, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I may be making a trip over towards the Seattle area this weekend, meaning I need to raise some gas money. I am estimating an approximate 600 mile round trip by the time I return home, assuming 5mpg and $2 per gallon, that's $240.

So... does anyone over in that direction (between Seattle and Spokane) need any of the following?

Suburban rear cargo doors $75 for both.

BBC Edelbrock Aluminum intake, rectangular port, $100.

Holley 750 cfm Double Pumper Dual Feed carb... ran excellent but I blew the power valve I believe... what can I get? <Correction: It's a 650 cfm>

Excellent working TH400 tranny and NP203 full-time T-case (out of a '78 3/4 ton 4x4). Complete married unit with crossmember and adapter, $375 delivered (along the way).

A rust free cab with doors off a '79/'80 Chevy, all good glass, no dents, $250 delivered (if you are along the way or nearby). <figures... right after I wrote this a guy called me back on my local ad and bought it>

A '73-'80 3/4 ton 4x4 frame with springs, lengthened to 170" wheelbase. (no running gear). Just the frame, dual tanks, stock springs, and steering box. Was set up for a regular cab and about an 18' flatbed. The frame for $100 delivered (again if along the way or near).

Rust free cab off an '84 GMC 2wd. Was perfectly straight until moving it, one minor dent on passenger side corner post. Just the basic bare cab shell, but a very clean one to work with. $100 with title delivered.

(4)15x8 5-lug Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd truck Chrome Modulars, in good shape. I only have 3 centercaps. The set of 4 rims for $85.

My friend has:
    (4) 16.5x9.75 Aluminum Modular 8-lug rims for $250.

(4) 16.5x9.75 Chrome Spokes with 36x12.50-16.5 Bias Ply Goodyears (Military Hummer tires), relatively low tread, but not completely bald or anything, comes with a spare chrome rim and two other 36's (one with better tread but needs a tube). $300.

Another friend has a Ramsey PTO winch and some other misc parts I could deliver.

Sorry if what Im selling is high priced... it's cause I never really want to sell certain parts. I just need the gas money.

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

what year are the doors off of? put me in line for them...

-Ryan

3. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

i nned a set of exhaust manifolds... you got some of them?

4. mountainexplorer

The Suburban cargo doors are off an early 80's. They are straight. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.

5. mountainexplorer

Ok, stock small block manifolds... any particular year? I believe I have a couple matched pairs from '73-'80 trucks.

Make me a very cheap offer and they're yours.

6. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

im interested in the carb....whats the list number off of the choke horn? it should say

list-3310-?? or
    list-4779 or if it says something completely different i can tell ya exactly what it is...it could save you some money /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. mountainexplorer

I'll go grab the number right now. Someone told me it was a 750, but I havent actually verified it yet.

8. mountainexplorer

4777-4

It was on a 454 that I put in my Orange Blazer. Someone told me it was a 750. It ran great, until one day I went over a bad bump, it sputtered, and backfired through the carb. After that, every little bump I hit it would flood out and die. But it would still idle just fine and drove down the road home fine.

I put an Edelbrock 625 on it later that night, and it runs ok but seemed like it just had more get-up-and-go with the Holley.

9. mountainexplorer

Ok, I took some pics tonight:

The Holley Carb (still dirty from last month's fun):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The cargo doors need paint. Last winter I snow plowed a lot for a friend a couple times when his plow truck wasn't operable, and I got the doors as payment. So I'm trying to get my money for what the lot should have paid.
    The Drivers side cargo door (it is missing glass):
    [​IMG]
    The pass side cargo door:
    [​IMG]
    Someone had this hole cut in the top for some reason, other than that they are straight.
    [​IMG]

10. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

thats a 650 double pumper...

11. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Got any pictures of the cab?

12. mountainexplorer

Which cab? I just sold the '79 cab right after I posted the ad... so you probably were wanting that one. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I still have the '84 GMC 2wd cab.

13. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

YEP, thats cool though
    Got any 38.5s for 16.5?

14. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Are you trying to snatch that dually suburban out from under me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe you could bring the parts for me and we could meet up and trade for the timing set and cover /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have to head to North Bend, WA this weekend also.

15. mountainexplorer

Uh oh. So you are the other person interested. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't want to snag a deal out from under you if you had plans to get it. I was trying to swing it, cause a friend here wants to convert his Suburban to a Dually, and this one would save him a whole bunch of time.

I'll try and see if I can get back up to Ione to grab the cab parts before Friday. Whats your time schedule?

If I don't get the Suburban, I'm only going as far as Ellensburg on Sunday. If you dont get the Sub and I do, then I'll be going all the way over to Auburn with the trailer on Saturday morning.

16. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Not a problem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I think the guy selling it was interested in trading for a work truck more than getting cash (I'm offering to trade my '73 Ford F100 for it). I can meet with you in Ellensburg on Sunday either way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The cab and frame sections would fit in the bed of my truck (if you can cut it off with a sawzall at the windshield pillar and across the floor/door opening that would make it even easier to handle). Then the frame I need the sections from the center of the rear axle up to just forward of the rear cab mount. Leave any crossmembers in place in that section.

If we could meet up there that would make things easier for me this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. mountainexplorer

I can snag the diesel cab, but where the crew cab frame is, there's no electricity. And the cab and stuff is still all attached so It would be a day's chore /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

With my schedule of having to work from noon to 9pm, I'm kinda limited as to what I can get done.

I offered to trade the guy my '76 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd, plus something maybe. But you probably were 1st to respond to him, so you should be 1st in line.

My plan will probably be to leave here on Sunday morning to Ellensburg, or maybe go to Moses Lake and visit/stay with some relatives on Saturday night, then get to Ellensburg in the morning. If I just go to Ellensburg, I'll just be driving the '76 1/2 ton 2wd to save on gas.