Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

selling seats ???

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by litlmatt, Jan 22, 2005.

1. litlmatt

litlmatt Registered Member

hey guys
    i live in so cal. and i just got my prp seats in (yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh). i have some stock 1972 blazer seats in really nice condition, except for the mounting brackets. the covers are only a year or two old. i am going to sell the two buckets and the rear bench seat, which also is in really good condition. my question is roughly how much should i be able to get for these seats? if i need to i can post pics. i would appreciate someone helping me find the right right ballpark, as far as price goes.
    thanks
    matt

2. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

what coor are they? Cloth or vinyl? I ask cuz my 85 seats (drivers side) broke, have a box holding it up so i am always reclined:frown1:

3. litlmatt

the seats are black vinyl, with no tears or rips.

4. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I am in the south bay area and might be interested in your rear bench :thinking: . I know you are trying to find out what they are worth, and to be honest I don't really know. PM me if you want to work something out. Thanks!

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Are you going sell the brackets w/ them? If so, I know someone that might be VERY interested in all of it for their '72 they are restoring. Do you have any pics of the seats?

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Last set of seats with brackets I saw sell went for $150 and they were in bad need of being recovered. But I think it really helped that they were complete with the brackets to bring that much.

7. litlmatt

hey guys i am a rookie to the net and pics so let me know if you can find the pics. i added them as attachments. the brackets are all there, but the bracket on the driver side is a little bent. i,ll even toss in all the seat belts if needed, seeing as how i will be using my new crow 5-point setup.

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

With them being in such great shape I would not feel bad asking for $150+ for the pair of buckets (less brackets) and probably $100+ for the rear.

You will probably want to price them about 25% less than new/recovered seats due to the good condition. Around here recovered buckets run about $50 on the cheap end (cheap material) to $150 each for very nice cloth and padding. Benches were $100-200 from cheap to nice for recovering.

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Those are in great shape. I'd ask at least $250 + shipping if I were selling them.

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

You've got a PM.

11. litlmatt

thanks for all the info guys! ;)