Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selling the burb

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Jun 15, 2005.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

For the local people first!

'87 Chev Suburban 1/2 ton 4x4
    5.7/700-R4/208
    3rd row seat (seats 9)
    Excellent interior - no major tears/stains. Seats/carpet/dash in excellent shape
    Front/rear heat/AC (AC blows ICE cold :cool1: new heater cores front/rear)
    All new sensors and EGR on engine
    Newer 700-R4 tranny w/ heavy duty cooler
    No rust/body damage
    15x8 Alum. wheels
    33x12.50x15 Wild Country Traction Tires, at least 85% tread
    CD/MP3 player
    Privacy glass
    Red/Silver 2-tone paint

$4500

Pics tonight

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

:eek1: so whatcha gonna replace it with? need a family hauler right? gonna keep the K5 street friendly a little longer now? whats the plan?

j

ps: ever have a chance to swing by and use the wire to make a jig for the square tube? I'm workin on the plates that will cap the ends of the top and the holes in the bed rails. Another couple of days and I oughta have 'em done... then we just need the 1" square tube bent up and we're set. sorry for the hijack... did bump TTT for ya tho. :grin:

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

We bought a fuel friendly family hauler. I'll be driving the buick as a DD. The blazer is still slated to be a full on wheeler. As soon as I sell the burb, I'll sell the car. Once I have the $$ from selling them, I'll put it down on a 3/4 ton crew cab diesel. Then we'll be set!

I have to get a hold of my sheet metal welder and have him give you a call. Our schedules (yours & mine) haven't been jiving too well lately. I don't want to show up and scare the stuff out of your wife. Sorry, but I don't remember her name. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

first sentence had me worried that you were going over to the dark side or something... thankfully thats not the case. ;) 3/4t crew desiel eh? new? whew, cha-ching! you stickin with GM or....?

Brandy... she's pretty much always uncomfortable so don't worry about it. :grin: all kidding aside, I'm going back to day shift here next monday, so my schedule and everyone else's schedule should be compatible. ;) Downside is for the next month I have to work Sundays... so evenings, fridays and saturdays will be my available-to-work-on-the-truck time. Anyway, we need that 1" square tube bent and the plates finished before any welding happens. I started on the write up, so it shouldn't take long to get it posted once we're done. :) Pretty cool that you know someone with sheetmetal skills. I know if I did it myself, it'd be a train wreck. lol! :grin:

ok, I'll quit hijacking now. bump! :)

j