Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Selling the house

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

It's official. The wife says we can sell the old house. I know its kind of hard on her since her parents bought it the year before she was born. All Ive got to say is :woot:

Now the search for a lot begins. Hmmmm hope I can find a deal on the construction cost :thinking: .

Oh yea, here is the House we picked with a few changes. What do y'all think.

1. Flip the master and front bedroom so BR# 2 opens to the screend porch on Back.
    2. Extend the garage 10' back but keep it as a 2 car so she can have a 10x24 craft room.
    3. No volume space above the living room, she hates those, so the 2nd floor will get an entertainment/study area ove the living room for the kid's
    4. Composite Slate roof instead of Metal, although the porch might look good with metal :dunno:
    5. Had to go a little smaller than we wanted but we decided to do that so we could afford a 3-4 car garage accross from and mirroring the attached garage.

Real Estate agent already did the market cost stuff and told us what we need to do before we put ours on the market, she says 48 hours to sell,I told her we wernt in a hurry so raise the price a little more and see what happens :crazy:

We already found a rental, and the const loan shouldnt be a problem. Ive already got the plans since I sold this house a couple of years ago, I dont even have to worry about budget....It already done from the guy that built it :laugh:

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Looks Great! Congrats... :thumb:

I'll be over for the housewarming when you're done. :D

John

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Be Careful! With what went on down in N.O. the prices of wood may go up huge. Also lots and other things have gone up tons. Make sure you have everything repriced before you make any move or you could shoot yourself in the foot.
    Why rent? can't you stay in the house you have until it's ready or do you need the cash to get it going? If you can at least find the lot and buy it first, you maybe in a better posistion.
    My house is under contract right now and I'm finding out that there isn't much in my area that's worth the money.
    The house you want to build is sweet but don't jump until you find out all the details on building it. Start over!

Oh, and good luck, I wish you the best.

4. Stickseler

I might be a few miles closer to you now, The lot were looking at is in Catlett or Warrenton.

As far as lumber prices go its all a "CNN induced increase" caused by panic in smaller yards who can't throw there weight around buying up inventory. The pine and OSB mills are almost back to 100% and none of the Spruce is affected and thats what we use here, Infact Spruce might be droping soon if the get rid of that nasty 35% Tarif on sticks from Canada. The market might run a little short when they start rebuilding down there but there will be a couple of new OSB mills up by middle of next year that will help that plus the Euro-Spruce is picking up in popularity a little quicker than anticipated and once they ramp it up a little it will fill some holes. The other biggie is concrete but lthey say the shortage will go away for a while because they dont need any in NO so that frees it up for everybody else for now.

And the market had come off quite a bit in the past few months to its lowest point in a year or so the 20-30 % increase since Katrina basicly puts us back where we were last year.

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Based on your location you won't have any trouble selling...like you said. That area was just too freakin busy for me. And remember, if any of you neighbors have pissed you off be sure to sell to the "right" type of buyers :D

6. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Are you INSANE? Never EVER sacrifice on garage space, especially if you have a choice in the matter. When we bought our house, I settled for an older 1400sqft house with no real garage because in our price range, the only houses with garages were <800sqft. I still regret it to this day. I have nowhere to work on my vehicles.

Mike

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Congrats. The house plan sounds great. :waytogo:

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

We're selling the house and property we just built and moving farther out, I think my wife might like that house plan, I think it's cool good luck... :wink1:

9. Stickseler

My thoughts exactly, besides those are the ones buying everthig up around here.

You missed item # 5

5. Had to go a little smaller than we wanted but we decided to do that so we could afford a 3-4 car garage accross from and mirroring the attached garage.

After she came up with that Idea I had to give her a craft room, besides Attached garage space still stays at a 2 car

10. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Oh thank God :D

Congrats and good luck with the house :)

Mike

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I just sent the plans to that house to my wife and shes in love,,,Detached 3/4 car garage huh...Hmmmmm :laugh:

12. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Hey can i come with you? I hate it around here, benn here 20 years and im soo sick of it. When i move its going to be at least 200miles south from here.

13. Stickseler

Hey Fumes..If ou want the budget # and Material list I should have it in a few weeks. And if you want the plan Ive got it full sized at work scanned and and I can emial it in PDF or I can send you the CAD file after I redo it

14. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Nice looking place!

My wife and I both love a front porch that goes across the front of a house... I wonder if I should show her this?

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Maybe so,keep it, we're likin the plan, just need the property....You rock doood...I hope you guys get what you want....