Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sema show

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by drivelineman, Oct 29, 2000.

1. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

Is anyone going to las vegas? i'll be there nov 1st - 3rd-

2. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Are you going to display some of your work, like what you did for the Excursion, at the show?

Jeff427
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>
    http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com

3. drivelineman

i don't have a booth but have the opertunity to show a few people some products one on one - this is actaully better in my eye's - like it better that way- i can go see all the other company's stuff- and have some free time to go gamble and talk with my freind john (who i have never seen in person) this is the main reason for going- jesse

4. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

That's cool.

I caught your reply on the Off-Road.com site about the rock competition, having fun is what it's all about.

I was wondering what lockers are you running in your truck?
    Thanks.

Jeff427
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>
    http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com

5. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

I work up in Las Vegas..I have a buddy who owns a tire shop here in kingman...might stop on by and check it out!!...What is that about the excursion?...I've been helping out my buddy with his...so far it has 12 inch springs ..3 inch drop hangers and 39 inch baja belted mickeys...he's having some promblems with his driveshaft angles!!...Were are you located??...still has to get the front driveshaft done!!!!

6. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

7. drivelineman

I am from paradise , ca - 530-872-5725- work # i am bringing an 80 degree c/v and my one ton c/v too- the excursion is orange - its the very first one at the entrance - right next to maurices suburban (off - road unlimited) which i did the front shaft on too- i will help if i can - i deal with alot of larger lifted rigs - whats your name? you can get me on my cel # but i don't want to post it here - e mail me forwhlr@saber.net

8. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Jesse
    I am thinking about doing the JB Conversions fixed yoke conversion with 1350 joints on my NP241 after I do my Dana 60 swap, do you make a CV driveshaft that will work with this combo? Also how about the front driveshaft?

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

9. drivelineman

steve- go with bayougeep's kit for the 241 case its the best you can get- just had one done in florida- nice conversion- i have the flange in stock to fit this application - i'll get you some pricing- the front shaft will be a snap - 1350 c/v 32 degree's angle - give me a ring at work if you can - 530-872-5725 - be happy to discuss your options and pricing- jesse - ps bayougeep's # 337-527-1044 - ask for glen - he will be back in town on fri i believe - i get to meet him at sema too -

10. CK5

What are the differences between JB and Bayougeep? I think the JB comes with the 1350 flange for the rear. I want to upgrade the Dana 60 yoke to 1350 so I have 1-ton through out the drivetrain.

[​IMG]

11. drivelineman

no i believe it comes with an and yoke- 1350 maybe- not a c/v type though- that's the difference on the yoke- on the kit - i can only say some kits are coppied- and you loose accuracy on certain key parts when this is done- i was just recomending a company i would buy from- he was my supplier first for these kits - now a friend in the buis. #5 as friends go- you can only count your true friends on one hand- i can upgrade the dana 60 no problem to 1350- using a u bolt style this is the best- jesse [​IMG]

12. drivelineman

steve - glen said that that kit is a good one- - i had lunch with him at the venecian - nice place - had a great time -jess

13. CK5

Cool, I was just looking at the pics from SEMA, I am going next year for sure, I should have a Dana 60 in about three weeks, I will go from there.

[​IMG]

14. drivelineman

sounds like a plan- jesse