Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sending the 89 K2500 Packin

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by VIVI, Mar 23, 2005.

1. VIVI

VIVI Registered Member

89 K2500 Going, What's it worth?

Damn you all......

I WAS just starting on the K2500 but I just can't be bothered to screw with the IFS junk and hunting parts to swap just to get it lifted...plus it's too damn long...extended longbox. That and my 70 Coug needs lots of attention.;)

So I'm finishing up the last of the work on her, running a coat of paint over it and flogging the land yacht off for a full size old school K5 or pickup that doesn't require a crew of 50 to operate.

I'd like to get some opinions on colour for paint and pricing.

The land yacht is currently 2 tone silver and maroon...the classic paint of the era. Trying to figure out what would be the most desirable colour for potential buyers. I am going to change it to a solid colour either silver, or black.

Here is a little of what the truck has;

Stock 3.73, 14 bolt rear sf, factory posi, SLE, interior in excellent shape looks minty, everything works, already wired for trailer. 275,000 Kilometers, but the motor was swapped out 20k ago. Not sure if it was a rebuild or lightly used 350 but she has good oil pressure, no leaks and lots of power.

Tranny is being swapped out next week for a replacement 700r as the old one (surprise) has not 3rd anymore. New alt, belt, plugs, 3" body lift new 265's.

New pitman, idler, tie rod, balljoint.

This is also has the trailering package, it is not the HD though.

Shoot me some figures and colour options.

Marc

I KNOW the truck is huge but I am not going to paint it hot pink and get Richard Simmons airbrushed on the hood saying "Welcome to the Love Boat", though something like that might sell well on ebay. Heck a rotten grilled cheese that looked like Jebus went for thousands. :thinking:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Who's Jebus?

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

4. VIVI

VIVI Registered Member

Lemme refresh your memory.

Homer: Wait, I'm no missionary! I don't even believe in Jebus!Let me out.

Pilot: Sorry, no can do.

Homer: Oh save me Jebus!

Marc

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Ah yes, I remember.

Don't know what to tell you with your truck, other than I agree with you. I hate IFS, and wouldn't want a truck that long on a trail. For paint, I'd go with flat black, but then again, some say I'm not normal. :crazy: :eek: :screwy:

6. VIVI

VIVI Registered Member

I actually was going to paint it a flat colour if I was to keep it, but thats not going to happen. It really is a damn nice truck though.
    I'll take it you vote for black.

I am leaning that towards black as well, people seem to dig black. Personally when I am looking for a vehicle I like any colour that isn't rust.:p:

Marc

7. Canadianbuilder

Canadianbuilder Registered Member

I second the flat black,but do the side and back windows flat black too,with a white skull and cross bones on the hood.Then I`d take it out to the field and beat the snot out of it!!!lol.Just kidding.I had an 89 chev extended cab long box and it was the biggest forking PoS I ever owned.Still have the shakes sometimes thinking about it.
    Oh by the way mine was a "candy" apple red.Looked nice enuff I guess.Just glad I don`t own it anymore.Good luck with yours.

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you know... Jebus Cripes. :screwy: