Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sensors on an 84 Blazer, impotant?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sled_dog, Feb 6, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I swapped out the engine in my 84 Blazer a couple weeks ago. The 305 it came with took a crap on me so I put in a late 70s 350. Well none of the sensors from the 84 would transfer over to the new engine. The holes were either plugged and unremovable or just not there. So none of them got hooked up and they just it in the engine compartment now. I got an aftermarket temp sensor, oil pressure, and volt meter because thas all I figured those sensors did. Is there anyone of them thats important and I should work on getting back? I am swapping the engine again for a 350 with much less miles and newer so maybe I will be able to use them. I didn't think things like those would matter because I don't have a computer being as its carbed and manual.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah but doens trule out that the original engine was ESt controlled, look up under center area of dahs for metal box around 5x7 in size or so with 9 or 10 wires coming out of it and is mounted vertically

was there a knock sensor(pass side of block down low) and extra wire plugs at intake area near front of carb ?

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

carb oonly has 1 wire and there was some type of snesor down on the block. EST I think I read about that in a Haynes manual I got. Don't know what itis or anything. I didn't htink I have a computer cause I had the glovebox out and didn't see it and the spot for the ECM fuse isn't there on my fuse block.