Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Separate EFI board?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mastiff, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Jul 21, 2002
    Of course I never thought of this until I got involved in my own EFI project, but do you guys think EFI is a different enough subject with enough interest to merit its own separate forum?

It's lame having to lurk on Camaro forums to learn EFI stuff when I know a lot of people here either have EFI or are converting to it.
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Personally I don't think so. If it was it's own forum altogether, not as many people would be exposed to it as they are here. It's such a common swap (or even OEM) on these trucks that it has it's place in any forum, just as much as carburetion. I think it would be a shame to put it in another forum that wouldn't be as "well traveled" as the others.

I don't mind the Camaro forums. Those guys have been doing this stuff WAY longer than the truck guys, or at least they have been doing it for longer, with MUCH more experience. Sheer volume of vehicles sold/in use that are EFI see to that. Many people there are light years away from where most are on this board.

I'm not saying we don't have smart people of course, just that you want as many people that know their stuff, reading your posts as possible.
  3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Sep 1, 2000
    I'd rather keep the EFI info the way it is now. We learn a lot form the guys that are working in this area even if we don't have the EFI on our vehicles. If it was in a different forum the rest of us might not get the exposure. Let's face it, eventually the carb will be a thing of the past and we will all be running the newer systems (whatever they may be...).