Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

September 11, 2002 is soon approaching.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Aug 13, 2002.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

September 11, 2002 is soon approaching. On that day, please wear red, white and blue to work or school to show your support for those who lost their lives on 9~11~01 and to honor the heroes who worked to save them and the families left behind.
    At noon your time on September 11, 2002, no matter where you are or what you are doing, stop, put your hand on your heart, and say the Pledge of Allegiance~ out loud or to yourself~ and say a prayer for our nation. If all of us do this together in every time zone around the world,we will have a powerful chain of thoughts surrounding us.
    Please keep this going to your friends and family. By September 11, 2002 hopefully enough people will have read this and will join together in unity.

God Bless the U.S.A.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

They should declare this day a NATIONAL day. No work, etc. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. mudhog

i agree something to honor all the people who lost there lives well all exept the fawkers who did this /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The flip side of the coin for making it a national holiday is that, while we think about those that died, the fawkers in the middle east will be having their own little celebration at the same time. Do the terrorists really deserve a holiday? I haven't decided either way, just playing Devil's advocate. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif </font color>

5. mudhog

they will be celibrating either way the fawkers /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thank you for bringing this up. I will be wearing my colors or OUR colors I should say. You make a very good point Shaggy. I think if it was made a holiday its a day that people will not go to work, and school and everything that they tried to stop of from doing. It may just be a day. But I think it makes a huge statement if we all get up on our feet and do what makes this country run.

Oh and maybe we can send a little postcard to Osama that day too.....

To Osama and his little bed buddies
    [​IMG]
    (Have a shot of anthrax)

[​IMG]

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I'm sure the Pres. is gonna make a moment of silence at 9:11 am or 9:11 pm. I'm goin to a concert that night in the city /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Gettysburg is already (has been for about a month now) making plans for a rememberance service to be held in downtown Gettysburg on September11th. There will be a candle light vigil included as well as a moment of silence. they are asking that all residents light a candle and leave it burning through out the night.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    the fawkers in the middle east will be having their own little celebration at the same time

[/ QUOTE ]

We can aid in their celebration by adding some fireworks. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. mudhog

hopfully they are not planing another like aniversery attack

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well if they do, I think ole G.W. should tell the Arab world that his idea of disposing of our nukes is starting somewhere in the middle of Africa and work his way east through the desert until the guilty are turned over to us.