Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

September 11th Post

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyHuny, Sep 11, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I just wanted to wish everyone a safe day tomorrow. I know we are all a little on edge, mad and hurt about last year. So I hope everyone spends time with their familiies, says a prayer for the ones who are missing their families and we can all move on with life.

You all are my Ck5 family and like all my other family members I care about each and every one of you, so I hope that we can take tomorrow with a little more appreciation for each other another then usual. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I know I said that I wouldnt be sitting at home watching the TV but out doing what I needed to do and live my life. Ive decided to change that a little. I will be out doing what I need to do but I plan on spending a little time with the TV watching what the people in our country have to say, and what is going on around the nation. So that I can for a little while be with the rest of the country and share in their greif. I want to know what is going on here on this very difficult day that will begin in just one hour from now.

Maybe you all will decide to do a little of the same thing?

Whatever you do have a good day everyone and...
    God Bless /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

Have a good day to mandy, and try not to cry to much as i know i will be still crying from tonight, but like you i will be staying away from the tv set most of the day and talking on the phone to family and my aunt just to make sure they are all okay and that i love them and miss them. one of these days i will fly back home and visit everyone and then drive up to ny to see my cousins and aunt, you have a safe day tomorrow okay and thank you for being a part of my family and listening to me all the time. oh and everyone don't forget to tell the ones you love that you love them they may need to hear tomorrow more than anything.
    kelly

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I was just going to post something like this. I just finished watching the end of the " reports from ground zero"

I had planned a full day of work tomorrow since I am off and have tons of things to do, but after deeper thinking( and you knwo how much I think) I have changed the plans to include some time of reflection and watching the TV to share in whats going around me and my day to day life.

as you said...
    GOD BLESS /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    and may everyone have a safe day of remeberence.

-Jeremy

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Well, I wanted to watch some of the reports and stuff and relive that day a little, but I have to work and when I get off work, I have to clean /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

[​IMG]

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Everyone be safe!

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thanx and all the same to you! ill be watchin the tv tonight..i want to know whats going on and everything as well...and ill watch the bush speech to...very interested to hear what he has to say...

Bryan

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thanks for the post Mandy. To some of us it means something. To me if you don't feel something today your not a real American.

8. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

congress and political red tape and protocall has his hands tied in the way and amounts he can give to each family .

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Bklynlifted

What? Im sorry but I dont understand what you mean by your post. Could you explain more?

10. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I hope you all had a okay day. I spent allot of it in front of my tv learning allot more then I knew a year ago. Im happy I did that. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I am also happy to learn about how much we have taken down the man who contributed a big part to all of this tragedy.

Im also glad nothing bad happend today and that everyone is safe and sound. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I'm watching stuff on 2 channels...it's almost too much to take. A year later, and I can still barely stand it...was gonna pull some O.T., but just had to be at HOME after 8 hours. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

12. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Im still watching things. Im watching about the women who have had babies after their husbands died. Its accually a beautiful thing and has cheered me up. Good things to come out of bad things. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

You know what I find REALLY sad? There are hundreds of members on this site and on the Sept 11th Post only 8 people reply to it and have feelings about it? That is sad to me /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I guess I would have expected a little more.

14. ymatt

ymatt Registered Member

I'm sure most people on CK5 have strong feelings about 9/11, but maybe, like me, haven't really felt much like discussing it here. Personally, I've spent a lot of time thinking about the whole thing privately, and to be honest I'm still in disbelief. I can't begin to imagine how terrible it must have been for the victims, and how terrible it still is for their families.

There was a good, very moving program shown on Wednesday about 9/11 from the Firefighters' perspective. You've probably seen it already over there - the two brothers who happened to be making a documentary on firefighters at the time of the tragic events.

IMO President Bush made an admirable speech in the evening; seems that you have a decent bloke there (you'd never hear Blair coming out with that kind of stuff).

With respect for the victims, I think something positive came out of it all in that it really pulled everyone together and showed the world how great your nation can still be, and reinforced the foundations upon which it is based. On the other hand, this is just the type of thing that unscrupulous individuals in high places needed as an excuse to abuse people's freedom and privacy even further, with crazy new laws being passed, and increased powers to snoop. So in that sense, the terrorists (or more appropriately, cowardly evil b*****ds) have inadvertently and indirectly succeeded in ruining people's freedom.

Anyway, God Bless America. I mean that.