Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Serial Sniper Evidence In Town

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyHuny, Oct 23, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> I was just sitting here watching tv and a breaking news alert came up. In a town next to mine. Just a minute or so away there is a duplex. In the back yard of the duplex the FBI has the whole back yard tapped off in grids. They have metal detectors and other detectors going through the grids. They are pulling all the shrubbery and trees out.
    They are saying there is evidence connected to the serial sniper. Police, FBI and other federal agents are all over the place. They are not saying exactly what they are looking for but FBI has confermed whatever it is they are doing is tied to the Sniper. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Has any of this happend in any of your town?</font color>

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

where are you at Mandy???Are you sure they arent refering to Washington D.C. ....

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I am in Fife, the house is in Tacoma just a minute or so away. It says "Serial Sniper, Local Connection" This is on our local news here too. Its on all of them actually. 7, 4, 5, 13.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

OK, I hope they catch that guy soon, it's weird how when people start doing things like snatching kids or going on killing sprees that all the other nut jobs start coming outta the woodwork and doing the same type crimes... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Definitely. They have been saying (here) that there may have been target practicing in the back yard. I suppose that is why they are taking the trees. I do not understand why this guy has not been caught yet. This guy does this stuff out in the open. Seems like FBI can catch anybody these days.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I really wish this piece of trash would move his antics to, let's say Texas......

7. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Let him come down here--and let him find out what Texan's do to people like him--got too tell you it ain't pretty /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif HERE?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Lemme run over him several times with my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

9. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

yeah i really hope they nail this guy, i mean the last threat "your children arent safe anywhere" is just sick, i mean i knew this area wasnt paradise when i moved here, but give me a break, shooting children as they walk into middle school??

if only i'd be allowed to carry my hunting rifle with me, i'd love a chance to shoot back, but something tells me it wouldnt be wise to carry a rifle around since i got pulled over TWICE last night in 30 minutes trying to get home from school...both times had the truck searched...but i'm more than willing to spend a few minutes on the side of the road if it'll help them catch the fawker...

10. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> Okay one of the guys they are looking for is a man named Mohomad who lives here in Wa. He was a solder at Fort Lewis (about 15 min away). Now they have another connection this time in Bellingham Washington. They searched Bellingham High School. They are looking for a guy Malvo who was a Jr. there last year. All connected to the sniper. This is just getting weirder and weirder.</font color>

Here is the story from our local news. http://www.seattleinsider.com/partners/kirotv/

And here is the info on the two guys. http://www.seattleinsider.com/partners/kirotv/news/2002/10/23/fbi_tacoma.html

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

How Cute...

12. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

bring em to texas. we'd love to have him. fawker would be dead before he thought about shooting someone. later.

jacob

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="]blue"> Last night there was another news break thing. I guess the two guys they were looking for here in Washington. One that lives in bellvue and one that lives in Tacoma. Were arrested at a rest stop in Maryland. Someone saw the van/car that the cops put a description out on and called 911. These two guys where sleeping in the vehicle.

So the possible sniper (if these two actually are) lived right down the street. The one that owned the back yard they were digging up had been target practicing in is backyard. Yet no body reported them because "It is Tacoma, there is always gun shots". So I guess that is why they took the trees. They are going to match the bullets to the bullets that the sniper used.

Has anyone heard anything new or different?</font color>

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    OK, I hope they catch that guy soon, it's weird how when people start doing things like snatching kids or going on killing sprees that all the other nut jobs start coming outta the woodwork and doing the same type crimes...

[/ QUOTE ]

My theory on this is that the massive media coverage and bombarbment causes people that are already unstable and looking for a way to lash out at society to copy someone elses success, even if deemed wrong and the confidence that he'll be caught. This is one of the major reasons I hate modern News Media so much. I almost puked on my shoes last night listening to one of these dumb anchor a-holes plug thier web site as having "The most comprehensive and complete info and coverage anywhere on this sniper case." Banner ad sales were slow before the sniper came around.

I was pretty frustrated last night because these boneheads were speculating so much on what was happening, providing a fact-to-spec ratio of about 1:20. They didn't learn after they screwed up the 2000 election, they STILL provide over speculation and "experts" instead of the raw uncolored fact that the public has the right to.

I have one thought I'd like the top news reporting agency executives to publicly debate on thier respective channels:

Would this sniper have killed as many people as he did if it wasn't turned into a news-man circus? If media coverage were kept to a side bar for this entire case, would he have taken it as far as he did?

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Exactly, the news makes me sick also.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thank goodness for the guy who listened to the radio when the description of the car and two guys were broadcast. He found the car, called 911 and stayed there until the cops arrived. So yes the news media makes things worse but for the capture thank goodness for them or the guy would have never known who or what to look for last night.

17. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Nice Informative Post's Chevyhuny!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm certainly Glad they caught these **astard's!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

18. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple"> Something that really ticks me off. There was a man who before the shootings met this Muhammad guy in a shelter. He says that the guy talked about doing the shootings and gave details of how he was going to do it. This jerk stands up in front of a news camera and PROUDLY states that he knew for sure in his heart that this guy was going to do what he did and knew how he was going to do it down to details. The idiot never told anybody about it. Didn't tell authorities yet he can stand there like he is god because he knew it all. That man should be put in prison too. Maybe if he said something this could have been provented. [color]