Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

serious decision to make need input

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Oct 13, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Okay- time has come-

some of you may not know- 2 weeks ago I lost my brakes on /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif , was traveling without the kids, not that big of a deal, I lived, truck is in 1 piece etc.

Well, since then it has sat in my yard, no desire to fix it. It's budget time at work, John's busy season, and kids school, soccer, etc...

So- the delima is- sell/part it, or keep it and wait till spring to fix it.

if I were to sell it/part it- I'd do better than what I have in it, the doors, fenders, and inners are all new- from GM, (not the almost fit things). Interior is MINT, you know, it doesn't go off road etc...

if I were to sell it- I'd not be able to find another one, in the same condition/shape as the one I have for the same $$ invested-

BUT, if I sell it, thats $$ for the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif or $$ for a lift for the /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif or $$ for Mexico ....

If I keep it, It wont cost me anything this winter, I have already taken the insurance off it, I wasn't planning on driving it anyway.........

ahhhhh damn it, I need to keep it at least until after next August, gotta bring it down and show Donna not everyone backs into a tree while going through mudpits at Paragon!

okay decision I think made..

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif stays

Brandy

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Keep it, keep it, keep it !!! How bad id the damage ???? Glad you didn't get hurt. Any pic's ???

3. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Keep your truck ,man!! Brakes are not that hard or expensive to repair!

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

keep it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yea id keep it if it has a strong motor and driveline, id say keep it and fix it, and brakes arent that hard to fix, you just gotta fix it right the first time.

6. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Hey I'll have you know I backed into that tree for a reason...... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.......I was trying to make it one less tree that Paragon Staff had to remove as they prepared for The NEUROC Rock Crawling Championship. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif However.....I have to adnitt, My efforts did not turn out as planned. (note to self)........Install thick steel bumper before attempting any future tree removal) LOL!!!

Girl your crazy if you get rid of /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif now. After all the blood sweat and tears you have put in that thing, I'd hate to have to come to Vermont and open up a can of whoop @$$. LOL!!!

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hahaha that sounded more like out loud thinking to me lol..well i think you made your desision and it sounds good to me!

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

"It doesn't cost you anything to sit on it."

I have a yard full of odd-ball rides, based on that theroy alone. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Who knows, maybe the market will spike, and you might be sitting on a gold mine.

On the other hand, with winter aproaching quickly, now is the time to sell a running 4WD.
    Knock a grand off the price if it isn't a runner, even if it's a $15 doller fix.
    "Pretty" trucks sell, beaters that run like a champ - don't.

My take.

(P.S., hate to loose ya here, but do what is best for you)

9. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

very true twizted, my truck just dosnt look that great, but it runs great, that could be why i got it for 1200$, very true statement.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hmmmm $10 repair is causing you to think about parting the truck? You did all the real hard stuff and just down to the nit picky crud. Once that is done you will have a dependable truck that will need very litte over the next 5-10 years! Heck my trail truck is my most trusted vehicle right now because I have got all the nit picky crud done. My Supra has a shot front end and needs new rotors....NOW that's a reason to get rid of something. I'm facing about $1400 in parts to get that car right. Same job on the K5 set me back $500.
    Don't make me send somebody over there to knock some sense into you!