Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

serious noob question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JOEDEZZY, May 8, 2006.

1. JOEDEZZY

JOEDEZZY 1/2 ton status

Ok I've pretty much decided that my transfer case is a 203, judging by what I've read, I am assuming that it has been converted to part time 4 wheel, because the front drive shaft does not turn when it is in high, my question is what is the difference between high, high lock, low and low lock and how do I properly put it in 4 wheel drive (locking hubs,etc..)? Also if it has been converted do I only 4 low now?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Taken from this article http://coloradok5.com/milemarkerpt.shtml which is available from the main page , under product reviews :

After a part time conversion the shift pattern becomes the following:

4x4 Low
    2x4 low
    Neutral
    2x4 High (Normal Street use)
    4x4 High

3. JOEDEZZY

JOEDEZZY 1/2 ton status

Thanks that was definitly helpful, so how do I go about locking in 4 wheel drive? From what I was told, I put the the truck in nuetral, engage the transfer case, lock the hubs, and then back up 15-20 ft to lock everything in, and then to take evrything out, I would put the truck in nuetral, put the transfer case in 2 high, unlock the hubs, and back up 15-20 ft.